Ama Dablam is a stunning mountain that lies at the backdrop of Tyangboche Monastery in Tyangboche, Mt. Ama Dablam 6812m is technically one of the most difficult mountains to summit in Everest Region. While climbers are on the Expedition to summit this peak, they should endure extreme alpine conditions and should overcome the challenges of walking through difficult ice rocks and undertake the steep snow climbing. Climbing Mt. Ama Dablam is undertaken normally along the route that stretches from the southwest ridge of the mountain. Traversing through three elevated High Camps, conquering the summit of Ama Dablam is a wonderful achievement a climber can enjoy before they think to accept the challenges of Himalayan 8000ers.
The journey to the Base Camp of Ama Dablam is a pleasant walk. However, the walkthrough tough saddle ridges and steep ascend through the rock-strewn trails to the High Camp I of the Mountain is the first real challenge of Ama Dablam Expedition. Similarly, the trails to the Camp II cross the rocky bowl and climb the steep ridge on fixed ropes followed by a steep ridge-line walk.
The trails mixed up with rocky alleys, snow, hanging glacier, which demands abundant ice skills, rope skills and mountaineering attitude takes you to the top of Mt. Ama Dablam. The summit of Mt. Ama Dablam allows an opportunity to savor charming views of Mount Everest, Lhotse, Island peak, Makalu, and entire peaks of Khumbu Himalayas.
The exceptional alpine journey that caters beautiful and authentic Sherpa culture, diverse landscapes of Himalayan giants in Everest and exceedingly thrilling climbing adventure, Ama Dablam Expedition is one of the holidays in Nepal that has everything, Nepal has to offer.
Best time for Ama Dablam Expedition
Spring season (April to May) and Autumn Season ( September to November) are the best season and time for Ama Dablam Expedition. During this season, the expedition climbers feel fewer difficulties in weather and affordable temperature. Although, the Autumn season is more favorite then spring.
- Hotel in Kathmandu with B/B plan on tourist standard.
- Permit fee of Ama Dablam 6812m. Expedition.
- Food for Trekking and base camp of expedition.
- Expedition staff: Trekking B.C. Guide, Cook, Cook helper.
- For Expedition necessary Porter or Yak Lukla to B.C. and Base camp Lukla.
- Kathmandu –Lukla – Kathmandu flights with Cargo 30 KG per climber.
- Equipment allowance, daily allowance for Liaison officer, expedition staff.
- Life, Medical and Rescue Insurance for Nepalese expedition staff + officer
- 1 tent for 1 person in base camp.
- Mattresses, dining tent, Toilet tent, Store tent, Table and chair for expedition.
- Pick up and drop in Kathmandu. (Airport-hotel-airport)
- Well come dinner with typically Nepali restaurant with songs and dance.
- Agency service charge
- Personal equipment for trekking Mt. Ama Dablam climbing.
- Personal and medical Insurance of expedition.
- Emergency Rescue evacuation by helicopter encase needed.
- Climbing food, Gas and stove above Base camp.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu as per itinerary.
- Walki Takie permit and personal satellite phone permit.
- Personal expenses during the trekking and expedition time.
- fixed rope and mail rope. (But possible to buy in Kathmandu)<
- Bar Bills and beverage.
- If each climbing member have more than 30 KG load and they have to pay extra porter
- Garbage Deposit USD 2000 (Sharing of the total person) and Deposit fee
- will be not refunded if the clients (climber) don’t take back their garbage to
- Namche Bazaar and Kathmandu.
Arrival Kathmandu and transfer hotel
Prepare Ama Dablam Expedition.
Warm up or buffer day in Kathmandu to process the permits, royalty and necessary arrangement through climbing Sherpa. Group meeting with Ama Dablam climbing Sherpa.
Expedition Briefing in Ministry of Tourism and with Sherpa Crew. Preparation day.
Fly to Lukla 2800m. trek to Phakding – Lodge.
Namche Bazaar 3440m. Lodge.
Namche – Thyanboche 3800m -Lodge
Thanboche – Pangboche village 4000m. Lodge.
Pangboche – Ama Dablam Base Camp hike 5200m.-Guest House .
Day 8 to Day 23 Climbing period for Ama Dablam 6812m.
Day 24- Ama Dablam Base Camp – Namche Bazaar – Lodge.
Day 15 - Namche – Lukla – Lodge.
Day 16 - Fly Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
Day 27 - An free fay in Kathmandu.
Day 28 - Free and final departure from Kathmandu.