The Everest Base Camp Trek, which departs from Sherpa-land in Solukhumbu, Nepal, is one of the most challenging and beautiful hikes in the Himalaya. The approximately 100-mile Himalayan trail, which is well-liked by novices, backpackers, and experienced hikers, climbs, crosses mountains, and descends the Khumbu Himalayas while traversing Namche bazaar, alongside glacial rivers, and among Buddhist meadows.
For every trekker, the Everest Base Camp Trek is a once-in-a-lifetime experience. The trip to Mount Everest is a Grade 3-level tough connection from Kathmandu by a short, straightforward flight to Lukla’s Tenzing Hillary airport. The flight itself is an exhilarating trip that everyone should have before they pass away.
The route to Mt. Everest Base Camp passes via the Dudhkoshi river valley’s bank and frequently passes through Namche village, Tengboche monastery (3,867 m), and Pangboche village, among other traditional Sherpa settlements. Before ascending the glacial trail to the elevated base camp of the majestic Everest and vantage point for Everest views, Kalapattar, our well planned trip to the Mt. Everest Base Camp allows for sufficient acclimatization at various locations. The highest place to view Mount Everest’s glory is Kalapattar, which is located at an elevation of 5545 meters. Everest Base Camp is located at an elevation of 5357 meters. The Everest Base Camp tour then descends to Lukla before taking a flight to Kathmandu.
Nowadays, the Everest Trek is conducted in tea houses, which adds a sense of cultural etiquette to this energizing excursion. Our tour guides for this challenging trekking trip in Nepal are locals from the Khumbu valley. They have a wealth of knowledge, are polite, and have a knack for hospitality across cultures. Along with these favorable qualities of our guides, Nepal Footprints Holiday enjoys solid partnerships with the regional inns and guest homes in the Khumbu region (4,900m).
Main Features of Everest Base Camp Trek are:
- EBC (5,364m), the highest mountain base camp in the world
- You have the opportunity to learn more about Sherpa people, their traditional culture, and their way of life
- Only Namche Bazaar, a village in Nepal’s Khumbu region, serves as the entrance to Everest Base Camp
- Trekking to Kala Patthar (5,644m) for a panoramic view of the sunrise over the mountains of the Everest region
- Amazing views of the mountains, Lake GOKYO, glaciers, and the Everest area from the sky
- Explore Sagarmatha National Park
- The breathtaking vistas of 8,848.68m/29,029 ft., the highest mountain in the world
- A wide variety of plants and animals
- Visit to Tengboche’s ancient monastery (12,687 feet/3,867 meters)
- Khumbu Glacier, the highest glacier on Earth (4,900 m)
Everest Base Camp Route
A return trip from Lukla marks the completion of the typical 14–16-day journey from Kathmandu to Everest Base Camp. The paths and your walking endurance will determine how far you can travel to reach the Himalayas. We can provide an another route to Lukla for those who wish to trek for longer and take more time. From Kathmandu, you can take a ride to Jiri-Bhandara or trek to Lukla from Phaplu-Kharikhola. Adding five extra days to your journey for trekking through Jiri will give you memories you’ll cherish forever. Your personalized tour to EBC will be tailored by NFH to meet your needs.
Everest Base Camp Difficulty
The most challenging aspect of the Everest Base Camp trekking is its altitude. It starts with an altitude of 2,860m (Lukla) and continues all the way to the altitude of 5,364 m. on the south side of Mt. Everest. At 5,644m Kalapatthar, you will rejoice the most spectacular panoramic view of the Mt. Everest, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Makalu, and Amadablam.
Hiking to EBC is extra mile challenge and ultimate experience of thin air, glacier and high altitude. You need to prepare well. We recommend you walk at least 6-7 hours a day for a couple of weeks before embarking the journey. Our experienced guide will assist you to maintain a steady pace and your safekeeping throughout this exhilarating journey. We like to assure you that you will enjoy this trip, and join us on other adventures that we offer.
Best time to Trek Everest Base Camp
September-May is the perfect time for trekking on Mount Everest base camp in Nepal. December-February is the winter season, the trekking routes are snowy and cold, and the tourist season slows the flow to Kala Patthar. You can explore Sagarmatha National Park at Everest Base Camp. However, people participate all year round based on their personal interests.
Cost of Everest Base Camp
There are many factors that affect the cost of Everest Base Camp trekking. Here are some important factors:
- Trekking time
- Everest Base Camp Hotel
- Lukla flight
- Trekking Type: Whether to hire a guide, porter, or an all-inclusive trekking package
However, the standard 16-day cost from Kathmandu to Everest Base Camp is US $1350 per person.
Everest Base Camp Helicopter (Optional Tour)
EBC tour by helicopter from Kathmandu to Everest Base Camp or one-way tour to MT. Everest Base camp followed by a Helicopter ride to Kathmandu is another alternative trip to Mt. Everest. If you like to explore your option we will be more than happy to plan.
Please check out recent reviews on TripAdvisor made by our clients
- Airport pickup, drop and all ground transport by private vehicle.
- Standard twin sharing Hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast as per itinerary.
- Trekking Lodge (Tea House) accommodations throughout the trek.
- Three meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the Everest trek.
- All necessary paper works Sagarmatha National Park Entry Permit and TIMS card.
- Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu flight with private airport transfer including airport tax.
- A highly experience and knowledgeable, friendly, English speaking well trained, Government License holder guide with his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transport and insurance.
- Friendly and helpful porters with proper walking equipment, his salary, foods, accommodation and insurance (one porter for two people).
- Comprehensive medical box (first aid kit will be available).
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service (paid by your Travel Insurance company).
- Government taxes and official expenses. Guided Kathmandu sightseeing tour with private vehicle.
- Life saving Oxygen and mask support (with paying option).
- Assistant guide group size more than 4 person group.
- Welcome and farewell dinner in typical Nepalese restaurant.
- International Airfare from and to Kathmandu.
- Nepal travel entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa on arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport – Kathmandu). $25 USD for 15 days Visa.
- Your Travel and Medical Insurance.
- Meals whilst you are in Kathmandu Lunch and Dinner as per itinerary.
- Your Personal Expenses and trekking equipment for the trek.
- All the alcoholic and non alcoholic cold and hot drinks on trek ( i.e. those you choose to purchase along the way and during evenings in the Tea Houses)
- All desserts sweet things like chocolate, cake, pie, pudding. Hot shower and battery charging on the tea houses.
- Tips for the guide, porter and driver (Tipping is expected) Kathmandu sightseeing monument entrance fees.
- Excess baggage more than 12kg. for Lukla kathmandu lukla flight. (If you have extra baggage that cost 3US$ per kg.)
Arrival in Kathmandu.
Arrival in Kathmandu airport, meet our assistant transfer to hotel. Free time, evening walking tour in the city and briefing about the EBC trek by your guide. B/B plan.
Escorted guided sightseeing tours around the Kathmandu valley. Visit Buddhist Stupa, swayambhunath (Monkey Temple), Visit Patan durbar square, golden temple and back to Hotel for Everest Base Camp trek preparation. B/B plan.
Fly to Lukla - Phakding
Early morning mountain fly to lukla (Tenzing -Hillary airport/Most busy airport in Nepal – 2800m) about 4 hours walk to Phakding village via Chauri Kharka, Thado Koshi, Ghat along the Dudh Koshi River bank. 2600m. family lodge , Full Meal.
Trek to Namche Bazaar
Trek to Namche Bazaar via Monjo and Jorsalle village, cross many Yak caravan and suspension bridge, entry on Sagarmatha National Park, Cross Hillary suspension bridge step climb up along the pine forest to Namche Bazaar 3400m, today walk about 6 hours. Sherpa family owned lodge guest house stay, full meal plan.
Explore Namche Bazaar
Exploring Namche and Sherpa villages, Today visit Khumjung yeti village and Monastery, see the Yeti head, Great view of Mt. Everest from Everest view hotel and Syangboche airport. 3800m. Step climb 1 hours to get there. About 4 hours hiking then rest day, free time. Full board Meal plan.
Trek to Tengboche Monastery
Trek to Tengboche village via Mt. Everest panorama trail and Kyanguma /Sanasa village, 2 hours easy hike than walk down to phungi thanga, cross suspension bridge and steep climb up to Famous and biggest monastery Tangboche. About 5 hours trek, 3800m, lodge stay, full board meal.
(Tengboche monastery is most biggest monastery on whole Mt. Everest Khumbu region located at 3870m on the way to Mt. Everest Trek. Offer great view of Mt. Ama Dablam, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Everest, Mt. Nuptse, Thamserkhu, Khangtega, Tobuche and wide valley of IMJA. The monastery offer great festival in October /November called Mani Rimdu, The festival of Monks dance with different mask and colorful Tibetan dresses. In the monastery there are lived about 80 monks and learn Buddhism form Lama. Every morning at 6.AM and 3.PM prayer ceremony by Monks, that can be visit. Just front of Monastery there is small Information center about the Tibetan Medicine and Buddhism if you are interested you may visit that center with video documentary paying some extra cash on directly. Mostly Climber and trekker those who heading to Mt. Everest and other mountain destination they make small prayer to this monastery. Offer best Sunrise and Sunset view on the top of Mt. Everest and Range.)
Trek to Dingboche
Trek to Dingboche via Pangboche, 4300m, 5 to 6 hours trek, great view of Mt. Amadablam and other Imja valley, Island Peak. Today you might feel high altitude trek experience, the vegetation change, less greenery forest and begin more alpine, dry windy and more colder. Cross the frozen River and yaks caravans with music bell. Evening relax in local Sherpa guest house, full board meal.
Acclimatization in Dingboche
Acclimatization in Dingboche explore short hiking to chukung IMJA valley and back or step up hiking to Nagarjuna hill wall of Dingboche village. Nagarjuna hill offer stunning view of Mt. Ama Dablam, Mt. Makalu, Island Peak and Lobuche peak and whole Imja valley. Back to village, lodge stay, full board meal.
Trek to Lobuche
Trek to Lobuje 4900m via Thugla danda, cross many memorial stupa, walls and prayer flags, those who die on the Mt. Everest expedition and along the Everest base camp trek. Walk nearby Khumbu glacier, 4900m. 4 to 5 hours trek, lodge stay in Lobuje Eco Guest House, In Evening short hike up to Khumbu glacier ridge where you almost touch glacier, view many Marion and Ice-Lakes. Full board meal.
Trek to Gorakhshep - Everest Base Camp Hike
Trek to Gorekhshep, old glacier walk 7 to 8 hours trek, (probably longest walk during your Mt. Everest Holiday) 5300m, after lunch hiking trip to Everest base camp and back, lodge stay, full board meal.
Kalapatthar Hiking - Phariche Trek
Early morning, Hike to Kala pattar 5545m, about 2 hours climb, back Gorekhshep, trek down to Pheriche – 4200m, 5 to 6 hours trek, local lodge, full board meal.
Trekking to Sanasa
Trekking to Sanasa/Kyngsuma, about 6 hours walk, 3500m, about 6 hours hike, a great place to see the Mt. Everest and Ama Dablam Mountain Sunset and sunrise view with Lhotse, Tyangboche Monastery and more Khumbu Hills, Enjoy with Himalayan bakery and Coffee. Guest House.
Trekking to Jhorsalle
Trekking to Jhorsalle 2800m village via Namche bazaar, 6 hours trek, Walk along the Everest Panorama trail, passing some wildlife and fascinating Buddhist stupas and mountains on behind you will reach Sherpa Capital village Namche Bazaar. After that lusting downhill to Hillary bridge along the pine forest we do good bye Mount Everest, Cross the Dudhkoshi river and stop on local lodge, full board meal.
Trek to Lukla
Trek to Lukla and get ready to fly back Kathmandu, 2800m, about 4 to 5 hours trek, walk along mixed trail along the Dudhkoshi river and sherpa traditional villages, climb an hour to lukla at the end of fabulous Everest trek. local lodge, enjoy evening in lukla with Dal Bhat party. Full board meal.
Fly to Kathmandu
Morning, after breakfast, fly to Kathmandu, take a amazing bustling flight with the view of clouds and mountains after 35 minutes we reach low temperature 1300m. transfer to Hotel, explore Kathmandu city self, free time, Hotel with B/B plan.
Free time and depart or join for next trip.