Gokyo Chola pass trekking is an adventure categorize trek that leads the best trek of Everest through the base camp of Mt. Everest. The trek cover greatest viewpoint Gokyo Ri – Kalapatthar hill. Trekkers do not tread the traditional trails of Everest Base Camp instead; they trek through relatively quieter trails of Everest. The trek via Gokyo Lakes differs from classic Everest Base Camp Trek in two ways. The Gokyo lake has the panorama of turquoise glacial lakes of Gokyo and the rocky trails of Cho La Pass.
The best Trek in Khumbu to see Mt. Everest
Gokyo Lake Chola Pass Trek is one of the best Hike to see the great view of Glacial lake and Mt. Everest.
The Gokyo Chola pass trek begins after the scenic flight to Lukla. The trails to Gokyo Valley winds through typical Sherpa villages and lush vegetation of Sagarmatha National Park. Situated on the elevated Khumbu Region at the base of Everest. From Gokyo Valley, you enjoy the bird’s eye view of Gokyo Valley, Gokyo lakes, Mt. Cho Oyu, Mt. Everest, Lhotse, and Amadablam among others. After a walk across the demanding Cho La Pass, the adventurous trek winds through the classic route of Everest Base Camp to Kalapathar (Everest viewpoint). The Khumbu glacial walk to the base camp and the total 360° view of Everest and its close neighbors from Kalapattar is also the great highlights of Gokyo Chola pass trek.
On the way, back the trek highlights highland monasteries like Tengboche. Throughout the trek, it caters to the scenic view of long mani-walls with sacred Buddhist prayers engraved on it. This challenging trek in Everest Region is operated on a tea-house basis with experienced guides and trekking gears. Book this holiday in Nepal and allow us to cater to you the most fascinating trekking vacation in Nepal.
Best time to go Gokyo Lake and Everest Trek
September to November and March to May are the best time of the year for Gokyo Chola Pass Trekking. We have fixed departure dates during the peak seasons. If you want to customize this trip, you can contact our tour expert or mail us via our online form.
5/5 - Excellent
- Trip Code: NFH
- Trip Type: Trekking
- Start/End: Kathmandu -
- Group Size: 2-14
- Accommodation: Sherpa Lodge
- Best Season:
Sept - Nov: Mar - May
- Daily Walking Hour: 6-8 Hours
Find Us on Tripadvisor
Morning, Flight to Lukla – 2,840m, short preparation and hiking along the Sherpa villages, Buddhist prayer walls and suspension bridge with the scenic view of Kusum Kangaroo mountain. Trek to Phakding 2,650m. About to 5 hours stone steps and rough trail.
Monjo – Jorsalle – Namche Bazaar 3,440m. After breakfast the hike begin along the dudh koshi river bank, cross some of the beautiful pine forest, waterfalls, rhododendron trees, rocky and rough trail with the many suspensions bridges and view of Mt. Thamserkhu, Kusum Kangaroo and rocky mountains you will reach Manjoo village. Officially you will enter UNESCO national park and stop for hot lunch in Jorshelle village. Continue walk along the river bank and pine forest you will cross the famous Hillary bridge which is one of most fascination connection to upper and lower Khumbu valley. You will walk uphill another 2 hours up to Namche Bazaar, it is a gateway of Mount Everest, Small capital of Sherpas.
Juniper and rhododendron hiking to Thengboche monastery for better Mt. Amadablam view and Mt. Lhotse with Mt. Everest Sunset View via Pangboche 3.867m. Stopping in Tyangboche Monastery lodge.
- Airport pickup, drop and all ground transport by private vehicle.
- Standard twin sharing Hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast as per itinerary.
- Trekking Lodge (Tea House) accommodations throughout the trek.
- Three meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the Gokyo Chola pass and Everest Base Camp trek.
- All necessary paper works for Sagarmatha National Park Entry Permit and TIMS card.
- A highly experience and knowledgeable, friendly , English speaking well trained, Government License holder guide with his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transport and insurance.
- Friendly and helpful porters with proper walking equipment, his salary, foods, accommodation and insurance (one porter for two people).
- Comprehensive medical box (first aid kit will be available).
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service (paid by your Travel Insurance company).
- Government taxes and official expenses.
- Emergency life saver oxygen and mask support.
- Guided Kathmandu sightseeing tour with private vehicle.
- Assistant guide group size more than 4 person group.
- Welcome and farewell dinner in typical Nepalese restaurant.
What’s Not Include
- International Airfare from and to Kathmandu.
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa on arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport – Kathmandu). $25 USD for 15 days Visa.
- Your Travel and Medical Insurance.
- Meals whilst you are in Kathmandu Lunch and Dinner as per itinerary.
- Your Personal Expenses and trekking equipment for the trek.
- All the alcoholic and non alcoholic cold and hot drinks on trek ( i.e. those you choose to purchase along the way and during evenings in the Tea Houses)
- All desserts sweet things like chocolate, cake, pie, pudding.
- Hot shower and battery charging on the tea houses.
- Tips for the guide, porter and driver (Tipping is expected)
- Kathmandu sightseeing monument entrance fees.
- Excess baggage more than 12 kg. (If you have extra baggage you can leave in Kathmandu office with full safety)
The given prices is per person and exclude international flights. Fixed departure dates available for online booking. If the given date is not favorable for you, please contact us and we will happily customize your trip on dates more appropriate for you.