Guge kingdom Simikot is an ancient 10th-century caves lifestyle settlement of Tibet that was destroyed during the Great Tibetan Victory. From the amazing Tibetan landscape to spiritual crystalline lakes and significant Tibetan history makes the tour a wonderful escapade.
Before kicking off the trip into the Tibetan side the trek along the trails of far western remote districts of Great Himalayan Trail from Simikot to the last settlement Hilsa before entering Tibet is sheer walking adventure associated with this tour.
Royals, who fled from Lhasa during the fall of Great Tubo in the 10th century, built up Guge. They ruled the region for about 700 years and then suddenly disappeared without leaving a trail. Today, most of the residences are crushed by years of erosion, the 300 (984ft) meters high wall has the same color of the indigenous Tibetan dirt that one can hardly recognize those valued county yards and warehouses. More than 399 houses and 700 caves were piled up on the mountain slope at the height of 300 m. with the main building consisting of Red and White monasteries and mandalas halls. After 700 years of surviving, the kingdom played an important role in the second renascence in Tibet before disappearing mysteriously in the 17th century.
Explore the mysterious town of caves Guge and continue the journey towards Kailash Mansarovar. Circumnavigate the sacred center of the Universe via Dolma La Pass 5360m. Visit some famous monasteries of Kailash region like Dera Puck and Zutulpuck Monastery, enjoy the impressive northern view of Mt. Kailash and finally drive to Nepalese border via Tibetan villages and elevated passes savoring the magnificent views of Mt. Shishapangma.
- Ground transport as per itinerary including pick up, drop and sightseeing in kathmandu.
- As per itinerary 3 star hotel in Kathmandu with bed and Breakfast.
- Two Men tent, dining tent, toilet tent, Mattresses for trekking in Nepal and Tibet.
- Trekking crews – Cook, Cook helper, guide and driver.
- Fresh food cooked by our cook like Lunch, Dinner and Breakfast with hot drinks.
- (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner).
- Tibet Travel permit, Tibetan Guide, All Monastery and Kailash and guge tholing tsaparang entry Fees and Tibet Visa.
- Fly Kathmandu to Nepalgunja and next day fly to Simikot.
- English speaking guide from Nepal and Tibetan English Speaking guide.
- 7 days special trekking permit from Simikot to Hilsa.
- Yaks and Yak man for 3 days round Mount Kailash.
- For emergency in Tibet, every person each Oxygen Cylinder for support.
- Emergency Call Service (Pay calls).
- Welcome and farewell dinner in typical Nepali restaurant with culture program.
- Sightseeing as per itinerary in Kathmandu including all entrance fees with guide.
- Nepal Visa and International Flight.
- Personal expenses for Nepal-Tibet
- Personal Travel insurance and Rescue Evacuation on the tour.
- All expenses of personal nature
- Bar bills and Beverage
- Tips for staff
- Kailash Tour Rescue jeep encase needed if some one go back earlier than group
- Extra cost incurred in case of Landslide or natural problem.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu as per itinerary
- Nepal visa and Re-Entry Nepal visa. (If you have American Passport We need Extra Visa Cost that cost 120US$ per person)
- International Phone calls and media.
- Personal clothes & equipment for trekking tour
Arrival in Kathmandu.
Arrival Kathmandu Hotel B/B plan.
Visa Preparation and Fly to Nepaljung.
Tibet Preparation day and half day Kathmandu sightseeing and afternoon fly to Nepaljung. Transfer hotel with B/B plan.
Fly to Simikot.
Early Morning fly to Simikot and trek to Dharapuri. Camping and all meal.
Trekking to Kermi village Camping all meal.
Today we walk up to Lower kermi village along teh Karnali river bank. About 4 Hours trek. Afternoon explore Kermi Village. Tented Camp.
Trek to Yalbang.
Trek to Yalbang Gompa, visit Buddhist monastery of Humla Region and Camping. All meal and tented camp.
Trek to Tumkot.
Trek to Tumkot (3100m) River site of Tumkot Khola and camp with all meal. Tented Camp
Trek to Upper Yari.
Trek to Upper Yari campsite and full board meal. Today you will walk most rewarding trails of Yari Village. Stay at Tent Camp.
Cross Nara La Pass- Hilsa and Drive to Purang.
An adventure Day to Nara-La pass (4400m) long downihll trek down to Hilsa (3600m). Cross Tibetan/Chinese Immegration and drive to Purang/Taklakot. (3800m)
Drive to Mansarovar Lake.
Only 2 Hours drive to Lake. Full day at mansarovar lake site and exploring Tsu Gompa – milarapa cave monastery and hot sprint bath free time good view with kailash, all meal.
Drive to Zada Guge valley.
Drive to Zada Guge valley visit around buddhist monastery and hotel with all meal.
Full day to Guge Kingdom.
Full day to Guge Kingdom the destroyed kingdom, Monastery, Visit Tholing and Tsaparang Castle and local farms sights. Drive back to Zada hotel with meal.
Drive to Darchen.
Drive to Darchen and lodge with full meal. Get Prepare for Kailash Kora A sacred walk.
Begin the kailash kora circuit.
Begin the kailash kora circuit and trek to Derapuck Monastery north face (4800m) of Mt. Holy Kailash. Camping with meal.
Trekking to Zutulpuck Monastery.
Trekking continue to Zutulpuck Monastery via highest pass Dolma-La 5630m, camping with all meal.
Drive to Saga City.
Trekking to Darchen, Finished kailash circuit kora and drive to Saga. You will cross Mansarovar Lake, Hgih Passes Mayu-La, Pyarang and Dongba. Hotel
Drive to Kerong city..
Drive to Kerong city after crossing the holy brahmmaputra river, Shsihapangma mountain view. Stay at Guest House.
Drive to Kathmandu via Nepalese Border Kerong.
Cross Tibet Border and Nepal immigration process in Keyrong then drive to Kathmandu. Hotel.
Free and onward depart.