The Khopra hill and Khopra danda trek locally Known as Khopra Ridge, an alternative short hiking route near Poon Hill in Mt. Annapurna area.
The Khopra ridge trek takes you even higher and a closer view of pristine Himalayas summit of Mt. Dhaulagiri and Mt. Annapurna Range. Probably the Khopra Danda trek is one of the most popular offbeat and less touristic short trek in Annapurna massif.
The Khopra trek begins from different points after the Annapurna Conservation Area entry point Birethanti or Phadi or Tatopani anticlockwise. Either you can connect after the Annapurna Base Camp hike from Chhomrong. Khopra trek is the only trek where you have Triple opportunity to see the best Himalayas view ever.
The Khopra Trek trail relatively narrow and rocky Either you can connect after the Annapuran Base Camp hike from Chhomrong.
Between Khopra ridge and Poon Hill, there is another great viewpoint, which is called the Muldai peak. Just 30 minutes uphill from Dobato guest house you will reach to the top. Do not miss the view from the Muldai peak.
The Khopra Trek trail relatively narrow and rocky. Because of less touristic trek routes fewer people walking in this area. If you lucky sometimes you will able to see many wildlife, birds and various seasonal alpine flowers.
You trek in the middle of rocky mountain trail with the maximum view of Himalayas, Deep valley and forest. When you reach Khopra danda you feel you are in such a Himalayan Nirvana.
Community Lodge Option
On the Khopra Danda, there is a community-based teal house (Lodge) which was founded and managed by the Village community through Mahabir Pun. Mr. Pun is a social person who connects wifi internet connection in the Nepalese rural villages. Staying in Community lodge your contribution will go directly to the village.
Alternatively, you can extend one more day in khopra ridge for a hike up to Khayar danda and khayar lake above 4600 meters. Which is another great way to experience high altitude and Himalayas atmosphere
Community yaks farms, close and most pristine sunrise view of the Himalayas, the glacial kyayar lake and the Himalayan foothill experience are the most highlight of this trek.
- Airport pickup, drop and all ground transport by private vehicle.
- Standard twin sharing Hotel in pokhara with breakfast as per itinerary.
- Trekking Lodge (Tea House) accommodations throughout the trek.
- Three meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the poonhill trek in Annapurna.
- All necessary paper works for Annapurna Conservation Entry Permit and TIMS card.
- Transport to Annapurna and back to Pokhara – Kathmandu.
- A highly experience and knowledgeable, friendly , English speaking well trained, Government license holder guide with his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transport and insurance.
- Friendly and helpful porters with proper walking equipment, his salary, foods, accommodation and insurance (one porter for two people).
- Comprehensive medical box (first aid kit will be available).
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service (paid by your Travel Insurance company).
- Government taxes and official expenses.
- Assistant guide group size more than 4 person group.
- International Airfare from and to Kathmandu.
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa on arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport – Kathmandu). $25 USD for 15 days Visa.
- Your Travel and Medical Insurance.
- Meals whilst you are in Kathmandu Lunch and Dinner as per itinerary.
- Your Personal Expenses and trekking equipment for the trek.
- All the alcoholic and non alcoholic cold and hot drinks on trek ( i.e. those you choose to purchase along the way and during evenings in the Tea Houses) All desserts sweet things like chocolate, cake, pie, pudding. Hot shower and battery charging on the tea houses.
- Tips for the guide, porter and driver (Tipping is expected).
- Kathmandu sightseeing monument entrance fees.
- Excess baggage more than 12 kg.(If you have extra baggage you can leave in Kathmandu office and pokhara with full safety)
- Airfare from Kathmandu to Pokhara and return that cost 226 US$ per person.
Drive/Fly to Pokhara
Drive Nayapul, Trek to Ulleri.
Trek to Upper Kristibung/Muldai Peak.
Trek to Khopra Hill.
Hiking to Khayar Lake.
Trek down to Tatopani.
Drive to Pokhara.