Langtang Trek is probably the most wonderful short trek in Nepal that go along the Langtang river and Langtang himal. Langtang valley trekking trails tread through the fascinating villages of Tibeto-Tamangs. The walk through the pristine woodlands of Langtang National Park, savoring the beautiful panorama of the Himalayas dominated by Mt. Langtang Lirung 7246m, is a perfect trekking holiday in Nepal.
Main Features of Langtang Trek are:
- Hike through the “valley of glaciers,” also known as the Langtang Valley
- Discover Tibetan Buddhism and its culture firsthand
- Explore breathtaking rhododendron forests
- Gather blessings at historic Buddhist temples like Kyanjing Gompa and Langtang Gompa
- Stay in intriguing hotels and teahouses along the way
How to Reach Langtang Valley
Langtang Valley is the shortest approach to the Himalayas from Kathmandu. The trekking route to Langtang Valley that lies very close to Tibet follows a part of the Tamang Heritage Trek and Red Panda Trek trails of Langtang. Moreover, the trek that traverses through old Tamang villages and monasteries display Tibetan culture. The floral and faunas, bio-diversities are prime highlights of Langtang Valley Trek. There are many colorful flowers such as rhododendron and Primula – alpine flower, and different types of birds and animals including the Langoor Monkey, Snow Leopard, and Red Panda. The Langtang National Park has stunning Himalayan scenery including Langtang Lirung, Langsisha Ri, and Ganja -La Peak among others.
The route involves 5 to 6 hours trekking every day, supported by professionally trained local guides who speak English and basic German. The highest altitude reached on the trek is 3,800m near Kyangin Gompa where trekkers can taste Yak cheese made by Swiss technique and hot apple pie from the German bakery. Comfortable overnight accommodation with hot solar showers and delicious meals in local tea – houses make Langtang Valley Trek comfortable and full of amenities.
Best Time to do Langtang Valley Trek
The optimum times to go on the Langtang Valley are in the Spring (March–May) and Autumn (September–December). Then, the weather is mild and pleasant with lovely views, however it can still get chilly at night. However, the Langtang Valley hike is more enjoyable in the spring when the entire evergreen forest is covered in bright rhododendron blossoms. Even yet, both summer and winter hikes are still viable at Langtang National Park. During the monsoon, expect muddy terrain, but you can prepare yourself quite well. Although it is colder in the winter, Langtang gives the most romantic vistas of the season.
- Airport pickup, drop and all ground transport by private vehicle.
- Standard twin sharing Hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast as per itinerary.
- Trekking Lodge (Tea House) accommodations throughout the trek.
- Three meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) during the Langtang Valley trek.
- All necessary paper works for Langtang National Park Entry Permit and TIMS card.
- A highly experienced and knowledgeable, friendly, English speaking well trained, Government License holder guide with his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transport to Sybarubashi/Dhunche and insurance.
- Friendly and helpful porters with proper walking equipment, his salary, foods, accommodation, and insurance (one porter for two people).
- Comprehensive medical box (first aid kit will be available).
- An arrangement of Emergency evacuation (paid by your Travel Insurance company).
- Government taxes and official expenses.
- Guided Kathmandu sightseeing tour with a private vehicle.
- Assistant guide group size of more than 4 person group.
- Welcome and farewell dinner in a typical Nepalese restaurant.
- International Airfare from and to Kathmandu.
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa on arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport – Kathmandu). $25 USD for 15 days Visa.
- Your Travel and Medical Insurance.
- Meals whilst you are in Kathmandu Lunch and Dinner as per itinerary.
- Your Personal Expenses and trekking equipment for the trek.
- All the alcoholic and non-alcoholic cold and hot drinks on trek ( i.e. those you choose to purchase along the way and during evenings in the Tea Houses)
- All desserts sweet things like chocolate, cake, pie, pudding.
- Hot shower and battery charging on the tea houses.
- Tips for the guide, porter, and driver (Tipping is expected)
- Kathmandu sightseeing monument entrance fees.
- Excess baggage more than 12 kg. (If you have extra baggage you can leave in Kathmandu office with full safety)
Arrival in Kathmandu.
Arrival Kathmandu airport, meet our assistant in there and short drive to hotel.
Refreshment, evening short walk around the city near by hotel and evening welcome dinner with langtang trekking guide, briefing about the langtang trek and all tour plan. Hotel B/B plan.
Drive to Syabrubeshi lodge.
Drive to Syabrubeshi lodge. After breakfast about 130km narrow road drive by Bus or Jeep along he villages, valley, hill and mountain scenery.
On the drive you can observe Mt. Ganesh Himal range, Manaslu Range and Some of Langtang Snowy mountain peaks. The drive takes about 5 to 6 hours. On the way in Trishuli/Kalikasthan we make lunch. syabrubeshi is small along the river side village along the Trishuli/Koshi river. Only 1400m. Explore village around at evening. Guest house stay. Full board meal.
Trekking to Lama Hotel.
Trekking to Lama Hotel. From here begin real langtang walking holiday, first 30 minutes along the village than cross the suspension bridge than small Tibetan refuge village.
Rest trial along the langtang khola and forest walk where you can observe monkey and some of wildlife in Langtang National Park. Today about 5 to 6 hours trek and need to climb up to 2400m Lama Hotel. Full board meal.
Trekking to langtang village.
Trekking to near by langtang village, today we walk along the den forest and langtang river side, you will see langtang lirung mountain first time.
The langtang narrow valley and rocky gorge. Ghore Tobala is small but very beautiful village and for short break. continue heading to Thangshyap village we stop for lunch. After lunch few hours gradually up to Gomba Goan. Now we not staying in Langtang Village. After strong earthquake hit in April 25 2015 the langtang village is destroyed by heavy avalanche from langtang lirung. There are not more village for staying. For safety reason we stop before village another old village. Gompa Goan lodge.
Trekking to Kyanging Gompa.
Trekking Kyanging Gompa exploration. A short and easy hike to compare others day. But you feel altitude. Walk slow to Kyanjin Gompa.
You will cross many yaks and herders along the trail and small typical village Mondo. View of Langtang east face and glacier, Naya Kanga peak, Ganjala Peak and Langshisha Ri you feel cool. Famous hiking destination Tserkuri hill 5000 meters in front of you. Visit the Kyanjin Monastery and Small Swiss developed Yak cheese Factory and test it. Fee time for relax.
Kyangin Gompa Day Hiking.
Day trip to highland Langtang Valley back hotel.
Today we make full day hiking trip to langtang high places up to 5000 meters or close to langtang glacier as you choose.
Play with yaks and horse, test of Yak cheese and spend leisure time in kyanjin gompa awesome. Guest House.
Trekking to rimche lodge.
Trekking to rimche lodge. After breakfast, say good by to Kyanjin Gompa and descent down to Rimche along same route via Ghode Tabala and Lama Hotel.
Stop for lunch in Ghoda Tabala or River side we pass many trekkers and villages with mountain behind of us.
Trekking to Thulo syabru village lodge.
Trekking to Dhunche Bazaar lodge.
Drive back to Kathmandu.
Free time and drive to airport.