Lower Dolpo Circuit Trek route is combined zone of ancient trading center in the west remote area of Nepal. The area occupied by Tibetan Buddhism followers, ethical remote villages, wild nature and landscapes up to 5000 meters passes, turquoise lake Phoksundo with the famous Himalayan Natural Herbal Viagra – Cordyceps sinesis or Yarchagumba territories in West Nepal to Tibetan Border. Still Dolpo region still a remote and non-developed region.
Dolpo Circuit trekking is a fully Camping trek till the high passes Numa-La and Baga-La and some of the villages you may use the local guest house and have tested their traditional Dolpali taste as well. Lower Dolpo is a relatively less touristic and offbeat track in the shadow of High Himalaya Mt. Dhaulagiri and lap of the Kanjiroba Mountain range. The breathtaking view of vibrant nature, flowers, wildlife, lakes, and live Tibetan Buddhist culture and tradition from Tibet still present 100 years back. Make some side trips around the Phoksundo Lake, Monastery Excursions, Temple Visiting and Bonpo shrines monasteries make an insightful time.
For this trek, you need to take two domestic flights from Kathmandu to Juphal via Nepalgunj and connect with the local crew team for trekking. A Special trek permit for lower Dolpo is required and needs to pay Shey Phoksundo National Park Entry fees.
5/5 - Excellent
- Trip Code: NFH
- Trip Type: Trekking
- Start/End: Kathmandu - Kathmandu
- Group Size: 2-14
- Accommodation: Camping
- Best Season:
April to October
- Daily Walking Hour: 5 to 7 Hours
Find Us on Tripadvisor
- Airport pickup, drop and all ground transport by private vehicle.
- Standard twin sharing Hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast as per itinerary.
- Trekking Lodge (Tea House) accommodations throughout the trek.
- Three meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the upper dolpo trek.
- All necessary paper works for dolpo trek special permit, Phoksundo National Park Entry Permit and TIMS card.
- A highly experience and knowledgeable, friendly , English speaking well trained, Government License holder guide with his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transport and insurance.
- Friendly and helpful porters with proper walking equipment, his salary, foods, accommodation and insurance (one porter for two people).
- Comprehensive medical box (first aid kit will be available).
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service (paid by your Travel Insurance company).
- Government taxes and official expenses.
- Emergency life saver oxygen and mask support.
- Guided Kathmandu sightseeing tour with private vehicle.
- Assistant guide group size more than 4 person group.
- Welcome and farewell dinner in typical Nepalese restaurant.
What’s Not Include
The given prices is per person and exclude international flights. Fixed departure dates available for online booking. If the given date is not favorable for you, please contact us and we will happily customize your trip on dates more appropriate for you.