Nepal Visa Information for Foreigners
Nepal Visa Information is now available here to all the foreigners travelling to Nepal. We are happy to inform that Nepal is now open for travelling. Good news is, fully vaccinated travelers get on arrival visa at Kathmandu Airport, which means they can start their travel right after their entry!
Please find the latest update on the travel protocols to be followed while entering Nepal.
- There is no quarantine rule for fully vaccinated travelers, but they need to make sure that they have received their last dose at least 14 days before they enter Nepal.
- On arrival visa service has resumed for fully vaccinated travelers. They need to present the following documents at immigration:
- Vaccination Certificate with proof of 14 days after the last dose
- RT-PCR negative test issued within 48 hours or less before first flight
- Proof of hotel booking
- Copy of filled International Online Arrival Form available at CCMC website
- There is no on arrival visa provision for non-vaccinated travelers. They need to have prior visa from Nepalese Diplomatic missions in their respective countries.
- Non-vaccinated travelers need to stay 10 days in quarantine at their own cost in the hotels designated by Nepal Government. https://www.tourismdepartment.gov.np/pages/notices/33/195
- Upon arrival, non-vaccinated travelers need to present all the documents specified in no. 2 (except vaccination certificate), plus proof of quarantine hotel booking
- All travelers should have rapid antigen test (RDT) while entering Nepal. If found positive, they should be in quarantine at the hospitals or isolation centers designated by Nepal Government.
Travelling in Nepal:
Traveling in Nepal won’t be difficult if you follow the rules, despite some travel limitations. More than 19% of the population is fully immunized thanks to the government’s intensive vaccination drive, and more than 21% have already gotten their first shot. Since tourism workers are among the frontline groups who are given priority. More than 95% of them have already received all of their vaccinations (97% in the Mt. Everest and Mustang regions).
Nearly all of the office and field crew at Nepal Footprint Holiday has received their complete vaccinations. As there is now some good news, we are currently attempting to follow the V2V (vaccinated to vaccinated) services approach, which is the best course of action at this time.
Popular Entry Points to Nepal:
No foreigner can enter and stay in Nepal without a valid visa. Nepalese visas can be obtained from the Nepalese Embassy or Consulate of the traveler’s country. Travelers also can get a visa to Nepal on arrival to Nepal from the immigration section of the entry points.
Kathmandu: Tribhuvan International Airport
Chinese border via land: Kodari (Still closed)
Indian Borders via land: Birgunj, Sunauli, Kakadvitta, Nepalgunj, Krishnanagar and Pashupatinagar among others.
On Arrival Tourist Visa Information:
Once you arrive at the airport, please follow these simple procedures for Tourist Visa on Arrival.
- 1st Step
- Fill in ‘ Arrival Card ‘
- Fill in Online ‘Tourist Visa’ form ( you can fill it up prior to your arrival visiting official website of Department of Immigration / fill it up using Kiosk machines upon your arrival at the airport). If you fill it from the website, you will get submission Receipt with barcode, please print it out and bring it along for acquiring visa. It works for fifteen days and becomes invalid then after. If so, you will have to fill it up again.
- 2nd Step
- Make payment at the bank according to your visa requirement ( 15/30/90 Days)
- Get the receipt
While you can use different modes of payments (at visa fees collection counter), we advise you to carry some cash to be on the safe side.
On Arrival Visa Fee
15 Days – 30 USD
30 Days – 50 USD
90 Days – 125 USD
- 3rd Step
- Proceed to the Immigration Desk with your online form, payment receipts and your passport
- Hand in your documents to immigration officer for visa processing. He/she issues visa to you upon his/her satisfaction.
Please feel free and download your Tourist Visa Form from the given link. Tourist Visa Form
Chinese National Travelers:
Chinese citizens are requested to apply in Nepalese Embassy or other Nepalese diplomatic missions, as there is no provision of on arrival visa for them.
SAARC Nationals Travelers:
The citizens of SAARC nations do not require Nepalese visa for the first thirty days of their visit to Nepal. Indian Nationals do not need the visa. However, they need to carry their identification card with photo while traveling to Nepal.
Nepal Visa Extension Fee:
- US $ 2 or equivalent Nepalese currency per day
- Additional US $ 45 or equivalent Nepalese currency on visa fee, if Multiple Entry facility is required for the extended period up to 15 days.
- If foreign visitors that haven’t renewed their visa want to renew their visa, they have to pay additional Nepalese currency equivalent to US 3$ on the regular visa extension fee.
Late fee for regularizing tourist visa:
- US$3 in equivalent Nepalese currency per day for the first 30 days
- US$5 in equivalent Nepalese currency per day for the next 31 to 90 days
- US$5 in equivalent Nepalese currency per day for more than 90 days
Free Nepal Visa for:
- Children below 10 yrs.
- Descendants up to the age of 16 years, holding foreign passports, of Nepalese parents or either of their parents is a Nepalese citizen.
- Citizen of Nepali origin, after having obtained passport for the first time from a Nepal based foreign mission, until the period of his departure to a foreign country.
Some Important information to tourist: Doesn’t or Dos
- In a visa year, a visitor may stay in Nepal for a maximum of 150 days (Jan-Dec).
- Prior to the conclusion of the visa’s validity period, a tourist must extend their visa.
- If a tourist violates these rules, they could face fines and other legal repercussions as per the Immigration Act and Rules.
- A foreign national with a tourist visa is not permitted to work, whether or not they are paid for their employment.
- It is prohibited for a foreigner to work for any employer other than the one for which they have a visa. Please read the following link. Latest Visa Information for Nepal