The trek from Phaplu to Everest Base Camp is 20 days classic hikes without Lukla flight. The trek begin from heart the Sherpa city Salleri to reach the Mt. Everest Base Camp by pass from Namche Bazaar. From there, the EBC trek connecting to the classic Everest trek towards to Base Camp and the highest view point Kala Patthar.
It is an alternative trek route towards EBC without flying to Lukla. the countryside, and fascinating for its glimpses into rural Nepali life and fare fewer tourists than the Khumbu above Lukla. If you don’t have a long time or want to explore less crowded hiking in the Khumbu region Phaplu flight is the best way. Even, the flight is canceled you have a choice to drive by off-road jeep during the summer and wintertime, within a day drive you will reach Kathmandu. After the flight, you will enter the Sherpa community and hike to Junbeshi village. A classical village of Sherpas and monastery with a breathtaking view of villages.
After a few days of a trek from Junbashi, Nunthala, Kharikhola, Bupsa, and Paiya you will connect the popular trail to Namche village. After that, keep continuing trek up to Everest Base Camp and back to Lukla then fly out to Kathmandu.
- Airport pickup, drop and all ground transport by private vehicle.
- Standard twin sharing Hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast as per itinerary.
- Trekking Lodge (Tea House) accommodations throughout the trek.
- Three meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during Everest trek.
- All necessary paper works Sagarmatha National Park Entry Permit and TIMS card.
- Kathmandu – Phaplu – Kathmandu flight with private airport transfer including airport tax.
- A highly experience and knowledgeable, friendly, English speaking well trained, Government License holder guide with his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transport and insurance.
- Friendly and helpful porters with proper walking equipment, his salary, foods, accommodation and insurance (one porter for two people).
- Comprehensive medical box (first aid kit will be available).
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service (paid by your Travel Insurance company).
- Government taxes and official expenses.
- Guided Kathmandu sightseeing tour with private vehicle.
- Life saving Oxygen and mask support (with paying option).
- Assistant guide group size more than 4 person group.
- Welcome and farewell dinner in typical Nepalese restaurant.
- International Airfare from and to Kathmandu.
- Nepal travel entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa on arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport – Kathmandu). $25 USD for 15 days Visa.
- Your Travel and Medical Insurance.
- Meals whilst you are in Kathmandu Lunch and Dinner as per itinerary.
- Your Personal Expenses and trekking equipment for the trek.
- All the alcoholic and non alcoholic cold and hot drinks on trek ( i.e. those you choose to purchase along the way and during evenings in the Tea Houses)
- All desserts sweet things like chocolate, cake, pie, pudding. Hot shower and battery charging on the tea houses.
- Tips for the guide, porter and driver (Tipping is expected) Kathmandu sightseeing monument entrance fees.
- Excess baggage more than 12kg. for Lukla Kathmandu Lukla flight. (If you have extra baggage that cost 3US$ per kg.)
Arrival in Kathmandu.
Kathmandu City Sightseeing.
Sightseeing around the Kathmandu city, visit UNESCO sights, Temples and Buddhist Stupa and prepared for the flight to Phaplu and trek. Hotel B/B plan.
Flight to Phaplu and trek to Junbeshi.
Flight to Phaplu and trek to Junbeshi village, trek about to 5 hours. Visit Junbeshi Monastery and around. Guest House.
Trek to Nunthala village via Taksindow village.
Trek to Nunthala village via Taksindow village. Trek about hours. Guest House.
Trek to Bupsa via Khari Khola.
Trek to Bupsa via Khari Khola. Trek about 5 to 6 hours. Guest House.
Trek to Surke via Paiya.
Trek to Phakding via Chaurikharka village.
Trek to Namche Bazaar.
A rest day in Namche, Everest View. Lodge.
Trek to Tyangboche Monastery, trek about 5 to 6 hours. Lodge.
Hiking to Dingboche.
Rest day at Dingboche.
Trek to Lobuche.
Trek to Gorekshep and hiking to Everest Base Camp.
Morning hiking to Kalapatthar and walk down Dingboche.
Hiking to Kyanguma.
Trek to Manjo via Namche.
Trek to Lukla, 5 hours trek.
Fly to Kathmandu and free day.
Free and final departure. Breakfast only.