Phoksundo Lake Trek in Dolpo is a newly formed, remote, less touristic, and least facilities lodge trek in mid west Nepal, Karnali region. It says Dolpo known as little Tibet of Nepal it covered the largest mid-hills areas district (By geographical area) of Nepal to Tibet Border. Culturally and Naturally, Phoksundo route is virgin route.
The Phoksundo lake itself gifted by nature and the people from Dolpo are able to preserve their hundred years old Buddhist culture, traditions, and lifestyles which we can touch along the Phoksundo Lake trekking after talking flight from Kathmandu – Nepaljung to Juphal. It is the lake and region where many international filmed and documentary shoots by the most popular producers. Eric Vallie filmed movie called Caravan. It is a moderate trek can be reached by using domestic flight and probably one of the best hiking experience in the moderate zone with the scenic beauty of natural sources. You will able to visit some of the peace-full, colorful and yaks caravans in the villages Ringmo, Phoksundo around and in route from Dunai.
Dolpo to turquoise Phoksundo lake trek can be done by organizing camping preparation with the special trekking permit for Lower and Upper Dolpo via Phoksundo lake and National Park. This trek route passes through not only the wonderful mountain forest and covered the Kanjiroba Himalayan range till Mt. Dhaulagiri in the west, but also you will reach vibrant Buddhist culture, get knowledge of local traditional life and wilderness. It is a relatively expensive lodge trek than other routes of Nepal because of remote areas and domestic flights.
Main Features of Phoksundo Lake Trek are:
- Remote, Less Touristic trekking place in Nepal
- Explore ancient Buddhist culture and lifestyle of people
- Phoksundo Lake is the deepest lake in Nepal
- Hike through Phoksundo National Park
- Breathtaking views of Mt Kanjiroba and Mt Dhaulagiri
How to Reach Phoksundo Lake
To go Phoksundo Lake, tourist required to take special non tourist area trek permits from Authorized trekking Agency in Nepal. After the permit, you can simply fly to Nepaljung or either drive from Kathmandu. Take another flight from Nepaljung to Juphal and from Juphal start the trek. You need to pay Rupees. 3,000 per person to enter Shey Phoksundo National Park for a week. Dolpo is still remote and still out of road connectivity from the Central Region. To trek around Phoksundo Lake in Dolpo picturesque.
Best Trekking Season to Phoksundo Lake
Nepal has a parallel weather condition and Nepal for all seasons. From March to November months are the best time to trek in Phoksundo. The flights affected due to monsoon season from June – August.
Deepest Lake of Nepal
According to the Government of Nepal, The Phoksundo lake is the deepest lake in Nepal.
- Airport pickup, drop and all ground transport by private vehicle.
- Standard twin sharing Hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast as per itinerary.
- Trekking Lodge (Tea House) accommodations throughout the trek.
- Three meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during lower Dolpo Phoksundo trek.
- All necessary paper works for special dolpo trekking permit, National Park Entry Permit and TIMS card.
- A highly experience and knowledgeable, friendly , English speaking well trained, Government License holder guide with his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transport to and from, insurance.
- Friendly and helpful porters with proper walking equipment, his salary, foods, accommodation and insurance (one porter for two people).
- Comprehensive medical box (first aid kit will be available).
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service (paid by your Travel Insurance company).
- Government taxes and official expenses.
- Emergency life saver oxygen and mask support.
- Guided Kathmandu sightseeing tour with private vehicle.
- Assistant guide group size more than 4 person group.
- Welcome and farewell dinner in typical Nepalese restaurant.
- Round flight from Kathmandu Nepaljung Juphal and back.
- International Airfare from and to Kathmandu.
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa on arrival at Tribhuwan International
- Airport – Kathmandu). $25 USD for 15 days Visa.
- Your Travel and Medical Insurance.
- Meals whilst you are in Kathmandu Lunch and Dinner as per itinerary.
- Your Personal Expenses and trekking equipment for the trek.
- All the alcoholic and non alcoholic cold and hot drinks on trek ( i.e. those you choose to purchase along the way and during evenings in the Tea Houses)
- All desserts sweet things like chocolate, cake, pie, pudding.
- Hot shower and battery charging on the tea houses.
- Tips for the guide, porter and driver (Tipping is expected)
- Kathmandu sightseeing monument entrance fees.
- Excess baggage more than 12 kg.(If you have extra baggage you can leave in Kathmandu office with full safety)
Arrival in Kathmandu.
Kathmandu City Sightseeing, trek preparation.
Easy Morning, Breakfast, Highlight of Kathmandu sightseeing by tour guide and trek preparation. Hotel B/B plan.
Fly to Nepalgunj.
Highlight of Kathmandu and afternoon fly to Nepalgunj, transfer to Hotel. B/B plan.
Morning Fly to Juphal and trek to Dunai. B/L/D.
Experience Hike from Dunai to Chhepka. B/L/D.
Touch and feel the Nature of Dolpo, trek to Jharana (Waterfall)
Ethical village hiking to Ringmo. B/L/D.
Mission and dream Phoksundo Lake around. B/L/D.
Back track hike to Chhepka Village. B/L/D.
Trek back to Juphal. B/L/D.
Fly Back to Kathmandu via Nepaljung form juphal. Hotel B/L only.
Free and final departure.