A amazing walk into the authentic culture, vibrant nature beauties, hidden valley and beautiful lakes in the wild West Nepal Rara and Jumla Trek insight the Rara National Park. Rara Lake Sinja Valley trek from Jumla is truly and naturally one of the most rewarding off the beaten trekking route of Western Nepal. The historical and isolated settlements of Jumla and Rara Lake around, the authentic Buddhist and Hindus culture and the magnificence of Rara Lake it look like gifted by good. The Sinja Valley itself one most secret and biodiversity hidden valley of Jumla. Rara lake trek is the GHT – Great Himalaya Trails lower and upper routes make a crossroads. From here trekkers can head along the old salt route to Humla, the royal highway to the plains. One of the more unusual divers of the local economy is the medicinally valuable Yarchagumba fungus. which grows out of the head of a caterpillar and can be worth high value. The Rara Trek one of the short and moderate hike suites for short and wilderness holiday seekers those who love nature, culture, not touristic and nature beauty of Nepal. It is not a very common trek. Because of the using domestic flight from Kathmandu Nepaljung and Jumla and camping style the trek quite expensive than other normal trek route.
5/5 - Excellent
- Trip Code: NFH
- Trip Type: Trekking
- Start/End: Kathmandu - Kathmandu
- Group Size: 2-14
- Accommodation: Hotel, Homestay
- Best Season:
Feb. to May, Sept to Nov.
- Daily Walking Hour: 5 to 7 Hours
Find Us on Tripadvisor
Morning fly to Jumla and trek to Khali about 5 hours – By small plane we fly to Jumla Khalanga within 35 minutes. Short looks around the Khalanga Bazaar than we begin the trek . Today we hike to Khali via along the Jugad Khola, Chhere Chaur. We cross small pass Danphe Langa Pass 3680m. After short downhill and uphill we get Khali Goan. We setup the camp in village. Evening village walk. B/L/D.
Trek to Bhulbhule 3190m, about 5 to 6 hours trek – This morning we begin our trek by downhill hike than climb to the Tharmanri village 3300m. After the village the trail goes up to Himdhuksi village. After 1 hour hike we reach Nauri Ghat. We stop for lunch than continue hike to Bhulbhule via Chautha and Bharbhare village. B/L/D.
Mission Rara Lake trek to Rara via Chhuchhemare pass. About 5 to 6 hours. 4090m – Today we walk highest point on our trek to Rara and reach to the lake. First few hours walk through the jungle and bustling to Chhuchemara Danda, a hill 4100m. it offer beautiful views of 360 degree. In north, snow-capped peaks offering wonderful backdrop to Rara Lake and lush vegetation of Rara National Park. Beautiful Green hills and slops on the middle Rara Lake. Arrive in Rara Lake you feel you are such a good gifted nature place. Enjoying evening with the rara lake view. B/L/D.
Rara Lake Exploration – Enjoying with Nature Beauty – Rara lake, probably Nepal’s most beautiful lake and jewels of West Nepal. Day exploration around rara lakes, walk around you can see number of herbal and medicine plants and kinds of flowers. Boating on Rara Lake if the weather is great. B/L/D.
Trek back to Bhulbhule 6 to 7 hours – Today we heading back to Bhulbhule after visiting the scenic rara lake while exiting out we take the alternative route. Cross Passing Thakuri Village Jyari and Dhuir . Crossing Ghurchi Langa Pass 3500m we can see the Tibetan Buddhist Culture. Then walk down to Bhulbhule village. B/L/D.
Trek to Gothichaur . About 6 hours trek. Today enter the fascinating valley in the west Nepal, the Sinja valley. We trek through the forestland villages, crossing rivers to the village of Bota. Officially enter the Sinja Valley. Walk in the Capital of Khasa kingdom, Sinja is the place where the Khasa Language Nepali was originated. A purposed world UNESCO heritage Site. Sinja also has the remains of ancient temples and places. After Sinja Valley today, we will trek up to Gothichaur. Is one of the popular village of Sinja Valley. Staying in Family Home or Camp. B/L/D.
Trek to Nagma 5 to 6 hours – Trek along the village trails of Singa Valley is a great experience. The trail goes up and down and explore the ancient culture that still prospers here. Sing Valley is one of the highest altitude place in the world that grows high quality rice. After 6 hours trek into the Culture, Nature and historic significance we reach to Nagma. Nagma is located of southern part of Sinja Valley. Stay on Family Home or Camp. B/L/D.
The last day of Rara Hike – 5 to 6 hours – Today we cross the famous pass Jaljala 3600m and down to shhere Chaur, than continue few hours to Jumla. Stay at Guest house or Camp. Celebrate the Jumla Khalanga Night in there. B/L/D.
Morning Good bye Rara Trek and Jumla Khalanga, Fly to Nepaljung than short transit fly to Kathmandu. Evening farewell Dinner in Kathmandu. Hotel B/B plan. B/L/D.
- Airport pickup, drop and all ground transport by private vehicle.
- Standard twin sharing Hotel in Kathmandu and Nepaljung with breakfast as per itinerary.
- Trekking Lodge (Tea House) accommodations throughout the trek.
- Three meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the Rara Lake trek.
- All necessary paper works for Rara National Park Entry Permit and TIMS card.
- A highly experience and knowledgeable, friendly, English speaking well trained, Government License holder guide with his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transport to Arughat/Beshshishar and insurance.
- Friendly and helpful porters with proper walking equipment, his salary, foods, accommodation and insurance (one porter for two people).
- Comprehensive medical box (first aid kit will be available).
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service (paid by your Travel Insurance company).
- Government taxes and official expenses.
- Emergency life saver oxygen and mask support.
- Guided Kathmandu sightseeing tour with private vehicle.
- Assistant guide group size more than 4 person group.
- Welcome and farewell dinner in typical Nepalese restaurant.
What’s Not Include
- International Airfare from and to Kathmandu.
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa on arrival at Tribhuwan International
- Airport – Kathmandu). $25 USD for 15 days Visa.
- Your Travel and Medical Insurance.
- Meals whilst you are in Kathmandu Lunch and Dinner as per itinerary.
- Your Personal Expenses and trekking equipment for the trek.
- All the alcoholic and non alcoholic cold and hot drinks on trek ( i.e. those you choose to purchase along the way and during evenings in the Tea Houses)
- All desserts sweet things like chocolate, cake, pie, pudding.
- Hot shower and battery charging on the tea houses.
- Tips for the guide, porter and driver (Tipping is expected)
- Kathmandu sightseeing monument entrance fees.
- Excess baggage more than 12 kg.(If you have extra baggage you can leave in Kathmandu office with full safety)
The given prices is per person and exclude international flights. Fixed departure dates available for online booking. If the given date is not favorable for you, please contact us and we will happily customize your trip on dates more appropriate for you.