The Tilicho lake trek is one of the accomplished and unexplored alternative treks in the Annapurna Circuit. It is the world’s highest glacial pond and one of the sub-glacial point of Himalayan River Marshnangdi. The trek initially traverses through the authentic villages, which lie on globally famed Annapurna Circuit Trail. Along the trip, visit villages and stay at teahouses. Before reaching Tilicho Base Camp, stop in Chame, Pisang, Manang, and Khangsar Village. After that, spend some time viewing Tilicho Lake and observe fascinating view of Himalayas.
The Annapurna definitely offers some of the best hiking trails in the world, with more variety in terms of both beauty and culture than any other region of equal size.
Main Features of Tilicho Lake Trekking are:
- Trek to Tilicho, the highest lake in the world at an altitude of 4,949m – a lifetime experience
- Excursions to villages such as Tal, Dalapani, Chame, Pisan and Manag. Learn about the culture and traditions of the locals in the area
- From the highest lake in the world, Tilicho, you can observe the beautiful mountains of the region, such as Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, Machhapuchhre, Nilgiri and Himchuli
- It is packed with natural views, rich biodiversity of flora and fauna, and cultures of various ethnic groups
- It offers breathtaking views of pristine rivers and canyons
- Visit sacred temples, colorful monasteries, gompas
How to trek Tilicho Lake?
Kicking off the trek, we tread through the lush vegetation and rocky trails of Marsyangdi valley to Manang. Then we head towards Tilicho Base Camp. Enjoying the walk to the lake savoring the closest of the world’s highest lake that is surrounded by towering peaks, we trek back to the main trails of Annapurna Circuit Trek. After crossing the elevated Thorong La Pass at 5,416m, trekking slides down to the sacred temple of Muktinath.
The latter half of the trek winds through the deepest gorge of Kali Gandaki River and the Apple orchard of Nepal, Jomsom all the way down to Tatopani. Trekkers release the entire exhaustion at Tatopani with the refreshing bath at natural hot springs.
Best time to trek Tilicho Lake
The best time to visit and hike Lake Tilicho is September and November in the Fall season and February to May in the Spring season. The autumn season is perfect for hiking and enjoying the Himalayas. Autumn weather is usually very perfect. As in autumn, the weather is generally very sunny and the forests are full of different types of flowers, where you can enjoy the scenery and nature. The second best season is the spring season.
Fed by the glaciers originated at Mt. Tilicho and Thorong La peak, is a scenic lake in the highlands of Annapurna Region, Manang. Jam-packed with natural vistas, rich flora and fauna biodiversity, and cultures of different ethical tribes, Tilicho Lake Trek is a challenging trekking adventure in Nepal that has more than everything typical to offer.
Enjoy an offbeat destination on the most popular trekking trail of Nepal with the best trekking guides of Nepal Footprint Holiday.