Tibet Nepal Cycling Tour is a dream of every cyclist, mixed riding trail through Everest base camp, Rongbuk monastery, Lalung la pass, Kerung border to Kathmandu, and Tibetan Nomad-en villages on the roof of the world.
Lhasa to Kathmandu Cycling tour is an incredible pedaling journey across the Trans-Himalayan trail that runs to join the two major Himalayan capitals: Kathmandu & Lhasa. Landing in Lhasa airport is an amazing high altitude feeling. After visiting around dramatic multi-stories Potala Palace, exploring Buddhist monasteries of Gelugpa sect, and witnessing the nomadic lifestyle in Lhasa we begin the cycling adventure on the Friendship Highway.
Cycling in worlds one of the high altitude highways that has more than five 5000m plus passes is a sheer pedaling adventure any professional cyclist can dream of. The view of Yam Drok Tso Lake atop Karo La Pass, the cultural opulence at Tibetan Cities like Gyantse and Shigatse are fascinating highlights of the adventure. However, the ride on the remotest and the most rugged trails of Tibet that leads to the Everest Base Camp and the highest altitude monastery, Rongbuk is the cream over several other highlights of this cycling adventure in Tibet.
The latter half of the pedaling journey after visiting Rongbuk and Everest Base Camp cross passes the gateway to Hell, Kerung the last Tibetan town before the Nepalese border, and ends in Kathmandu.
- International airport pick up and drop service
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu in a 3-star hotel in double occupancy with B/B plan.
- Welcome and farewell dinner.
- Guided sightseeing tour in Kathmandu as per itinerary.
- Accommodation in twin sharing room on a bed and breakfast basis
- Support transportation by Land-cruiser or Van and truck as per group size
- Sightseeing with Tibetan guide as per itinerary
- Monastery entrance fees
- Tibet visa and travel permit
- Grassland fees
- Fully catered camping/Tea House supported by Nepalese (Guide, Cook, Helpers) crew & Tibetan guide.
- By flight Kathmandu to Lhasa only 30kg baggage.
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu as per itinerary.
- Personal expenses and Travel insurance during the Lhasa Kathmandu Biking Trip.
- Nepal entry visa fee per person US$35 multiple entry.
- Personal expenses and Travel insurance
- Medical evacuation in case of emergency
- All bar bills and personal drinks.
- Personal Biking clothing and gears.
- Tips for Guide and Team
- If over than 20 Kg. baggage, Per kg 13US$ extra.
Arrive Kathmandu, Transfer to Hotel.
Guided sightseeing around Kathmandu valley and preparation of bike before fly to Lhasa Tibet.
Overnight Hotel. Welcome dinner – Live Nepalese Cultural Program with Nepal Footprint Holiday Guide.
Fly to Lhasa from Kathmandu then self exploration around Lhasa city, Hotel.
Full day guided sightseeing in Lhasa, Overnight Hotel.
Continue the sightseeing in Lhasa, Overnight Hotel.
Mountain Bike Tour from Lhasa, Camp after 86 km.
Cycle Riding to Kamba La Pass, Camp after 56 km.
Continue Biking and camp before Karo pass.
Biking Karo Pass to Gyangtse. Gyantse 86 kms. Hotel.
Bike Riding Gyangtse to Shigatse. Shigatse 106 kms. Hotel.
Biking continue and camp after 75 kms.
Mountain Biking continue and camp after Lhatse 95 kms.
Deive and Biking to near to Rongbuk . 135 kms. Best view of Mt. Everest.
Tour to Everest Base Camp, Rongbuk Guest House.
Biking back down camp before Tingri, 76 kms.
Mountain Biking Lalung-La Pass and drive to Pokutso Lake.
Drive to Kerung Border.
Ride down to Nepal Border Rasuwa Gadhi and ride to Trishuli.
Drive to Kakani and ride down to Kathmandu City. Hotel.
Free and Final Departure. Or onward Destination.