Lower Dolpo Circuit Trek route is combined zone of ancient trading center in the west remote area of Nepal, the area occupied by Tibetan Buddhism followers, ethical remote villages, wild nature and landscapes up to 5000 meters passes, turquoise lake Phoksundo with the famous Himalayan Natural Herbal Viagra – Cordyceps sinesis or Yarchagumba territories in West Nepal to Tibetan Border. Still Dolpo region still a remote and non-developed region.
Dolpo Circuit trekking is a fully Camping trek till the high passes Numa-La and Baga-La and some of the villages you may use the local guest house and have tested their traditional Dolpali taste as well. Lower Dolpo is a relatively less touristic and offbeat track in the shadow of High Himalaya Mt. Dhaulagiri and lap of the Kanjiroba Mountain range. The breathtaking view of vibrant nature, flowers, wildlife, lakes, and live Tibetan Buddhist culture and tradition from Tibet still present 100 years back. Make some side trips around the Phoksundo Lake, Monastery Excursions, Temple Visiting and Bonpo shrines monasteries make an insightful time.
For this trek, you need to take two domestic flights from Kathmandu to Juphal via Nepalgunj and connect with the local crew team for trekking. A Special trek permit for lower Dolpo is required and needs to pay Shey Phoksundo National Park Entry fees.
- Airport pickup, drop and all ground transport by private vehicle.
- Standard twin sharing Hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast as per itinerary.
- Trekking Lodge (Tea House) accommodations throughout the trek.
- Three meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the upper dolpo trek.
- All necessary paper works for dolpo trek special permit, Phoksundo National Park Entry Permit and TIMS card.
- A highly experience and knowledgeable, friendly , English speaking well trained, Government License holder guide with his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transport and insurance.
- Friendly and helpful porters with proper walking equipment, his salary, foods, accommodation and insurance (one porter for two people).
- Comprehensive medical box (first aid kit will be available).
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service (paid by your Travel Insurance company).
- Government taxes and official expenses.
- Emergency life saver oxygen and mask support.
- Guided Kathmandu sightseeing tour with private vehicle.
- Assistant guide group size more than 4 person group.
- Welcome and farewell dinner in typical Nepalese restaurant.
Arrival, Welcome to Kathmandu and transfer to your hotel.
Explore Kathmandu and flight to Nepalgunj.
Explore Kathmandu heritage tour and transfer to domestic Airport, Evening flight to Nepalgunj, West Nepal. Hotel
Flight to Juphal, trek to Dunai Bazaar.
Morning, flight to Juphal Airport and short hike to Dunai bazaar. City of Dolpa Destrict. Guest house.
Explore Dolpo trek to Tarakot.
Trek from Tarakot to Mushi Kharka.
Trek from Musikharka to Kakoat Village.
Kakot to Pingdhing village hiking.
Trek to Shabha Kharka
Trek to Papta Chalna Base Camp.
Chalna Pass 5230m and trek to Takyo village.
Rest day after the Chalna pass and around.
Trek to Numala Base Camp.
Cross Numala Pass 5200m and camp at Bagala Pass Base Camp.
Cross Bagala Pass and 5100m and camp at Yak Kharka.
Trek to Phoksundo lake via Rongmo village (Jewels of Dolpo region) Camp/Guest House
Rest day at Phoksundo lake – Explore around lake and enjoy amazing Nature.
Trek to Chhepka village.
Trek back to Juphal.
Morning fly to Nepaljung – Kathmandu and transfer to Hotel.
Free and final departure. Transfer to Airport or onward destination.