While you traveling in Nepal, Tibet and Bhutan for a Trek, mountain climbing trips, tours or biking holidays, the following basic equipment are suggested to carry or arrange for Nepal visitor. Many things you can buy and some of you could rent from Kathmandu and pharaoh as well. But, very strongly suggested Trekking Boots, Medial accessories if you are using special medicine, sunglasses better to take from your home.
Common Things to Bring
- Lightweight walking boots. “Walk them in” prior to arrival in Nepal to avoid blisters.
- A pair of lightweight/heavyweight trousers are useful higher up in the mountains in the morning and at night.
- 1-2 pair of loose fitting long shorts/skirts.
- 2-4 cotton T-shirts.
- 1 lightweight long sleeved-shirt is particularly suitable for avoiding sun burn.
- A sunhat and ensure it has wide brim to cover the face and neck.
- 2 pairs of thin and 2 pairs of thick woolen socks.
- Underwear: normal quantity
- Swimming suit
- Water Bottle
- Sunglasses and strap
- Toiletries with large and small towels. Toilet paper can be bought in Kathmandu and some village in the mountains.
- Small headlamp and/or flashlight/torch with spare batteries
- Personal medical supplies – don’t forget band-aids and tweezers.
- Army-knife and sewing kit
- Sun-screen, sunblock, sun-tan lotion.
Winter Requirements For Your Trek
- Warm jacket. Fiber fill or down should be adequate. This is especially necessary during winter from December to February.
- Sleeping bag to -15 C or sleep sheet (if renting or agency supplied)
- Woolen shirts and thick sweaters. During winter months, December through February, These items are essential. Thick sweaters can be purchased in Kathmandu.
- Windproof/Waterproof trousers. Necessity on all treks going above 3,000 meters.
- Thermal underwear. These are excellent to sleep in at night. In the winter months thermal underwear are quite invaluable.
- A woolen hat to wear in the morning and at night. During winter it is an essential item.
- A pair of gloves. Leather with lining and woolen are best.
- Snow Glasses and strap
- Snow gaiters can be essential
Some extra recommendation
CAMERA & BATTERIES
- A pair of slipper shoes or sandals. To wear in the camp, in bathroom and toilet tent or when the boots are wet.
- A rain-proof jacket with hood or a poncho. Get the one that is guaranteed waterproof.
- A sweat-suit. Useful for wearing in camp and in the tent.
- Duffel bag or kit bag to carry gear while trekking.
- Day-pack. This is a small backpack to carry personal requirement for the day e.g. to toilet items, camera, film, towel, soap, a book etc. Spare boot laces.
- 2-4 large plastic bags to separate clean clothes from dirty ones. 6-10 smaller plastic bags to dispose garbage.
- Wallet and/or money belt with compartment for coins.
- Reading materials, game items, music, note book, rubber band, pen and pencil envelopes, a diary, a calendar, a pocket knife, binoculars (optional), A small pillow or headrest (optional)
- Thermarest (optional) – an inflatable sleeping mat, trekking map, would be good for camping trek, where as for Tea house trek these all item are may not necessary.
- Duct-tape, superglue and small mirror can be handy
- Travel locks and chain to secure luggage and lodge door
- Hot-water bottle
Suggest Peak climbing Equipment list
GROUP EQUIPMENT PROVIDED BY NEPAL FOOTPRINT HOLIDAY TREK
Dom tents and mattress twin sharing basis, Kitchen /Dining tents, Kitchen equipment, Toilet tent, Climbing rope: fixed and main rope, Harness, Crampons, Ice-Axe, Karabiners : lock/ unlock, Ice-screws, Snow Bars, Rock piton, Helmet, Ascend-er ( Mummer), Descender( F-8), Tapes / slings.
PERSONAL HARD WARE GEARS NOT PROVIDE BY NEPAL FOOTPRINT HOLIDAY TREK
Climbing boots: plastics boot/or similar quality Need fixed crampons, Long sleeved cotton /woolen shirts, Wool long under wear, Long cotton hiking shirts, Warm climbing trousers, Light weight fleece Fleece/ wool for climbing, Down high altitude sleeping bag (3, 4 session), Sleeping pad (carry mat) or therm-rest mat, Light cotton athletic socks and wool climbing socks, Light weight thermal/ insulated climbing gloves, Head torch /batteries /bulbs, Water proof climbing jacket, Down jacket /trousers/vest Climbing sunglasses, Sun screen, Sun hat, Gaiters
Risk and Liabilities
Nepal Footprint Holiday Trek are committed to providing the best services which will give you a once in a life time journey in this connection, we perform our duties security, honestly and seriously to make your journey very smooth and pleasant. However, the entire program Climbing Trip/Course and Walking Holidays are conducted strictly under the rules and regulation of theirs’ own policies. Therefore Nepal Footprint Holiday and its related organization shall not be responsible for any changes in the itinerary due to unavoidable circumstance such as govt. restriction, Land slide, road blockage, flood, snow political unrest, cancellation of flight, delay, sickness or accident, bad weather and any extra cost incurring there of shall be borne by the clients on the spots.
Note: If you do not have Sleeping Bag, Down Jacket, Walking Stick and Tents, we will provide you here. Please feel free and contact Nepal Footprint Holiday Treks P. Ltd