Jiri Everest Base Trek and the Tenzing – Hillary Everest Expedition trek route is probably the most popular and longest classic trekking route to Everest Base Camp.
Main Features of Jiri – Everest Base Camp are:
- Follow the historical footsteps of Tenzing Norgay and Sir Edmund Hillary
- Explore the route to Everest Base Camp from Jiri
- Hike to culturally diverse place in the Everest region
- Fascinating view of Mount Everest (8,848m)
- Observe Buddhist culture and traditions
- Hike to Kala Patthar
- Bio-diverse of flora and fauna
- Hike in the Sagarmatha National Park – World National Heritage Site
How to Trek Jiri – Everest Base Camp
Jiri Everest trek adventurous trek in Everest Region begins with a bustling bus ride to Shivalaya via Jiri. As this oldest version of EBC trek kicks off trekkers, walk through incredible mountain landscapes of Nepal, crossing few Himalayan rivers by suspension bridges. And passing via tropical Sherpa lands, and all the way to the Base Camp of Everest – the world’s summit. Countless ups and downs, through elevated mountainous rhododendron forest into the fascinating villages of the Tamang, Jirel, Rai, Chhetri, and Sherpa who occupied the majority of villages – the Everest Base Camp from Jiri adds more adventures in trendy Everest Base Camp Trek.
The trails of Jiri to Everest Base Camp follow the historical footsteps of Tenzing Norgay and Sir Edmund Hillary who were the first conquerors of Mt. Everest 8,848m in 1953. Treading through the trails of sub-tropical forests in Nepalese mid-hill the trek goes to Namche Bazaar. Namche Bazar is popular for Sherpa culture and tradition. The walk over the glacial moraines to Everest Base Camp, the hike to Kala Patthar (5,545m), a vantage point for the Everest view and its neighboring peaks are undoubted the biggest highlights of EBC trek. The Trek also caters breathtaking landscapes of the Everest Region and encounters fascinating Buddhist culture in highland monasteries of Khumbu, experience the warm hospitality of the Sherpas, and have witnesses wide floral and faunal biodiversity of Sagarmatha National Park.
Enjoy the oldest route to Everest Base Camp with us. Experience the same walking journey to the Everest Base Camp, which was explored by Tenzing and Hillary in 1953.
Best Time to visit Jiri – EBC
September – November and March – May are the best times for trekking at Jiri – EBC trail.
- Airport pickup, drop and all ground transport by private vehicle.
- Standard twin sharing Hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast as per itinerary.
- Trekking Lodge (Tea House) accommodations throughout the trek.
- Three meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the Jiri Everest base camp trek.
- All necessary paper works for Sagarmatha National Park Entry Permit and TIMS card.
- A highly experience and knowledgeable, friendly , English speaking well trained, Government License holder guide with his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transport to jiri and insurance.
- Friendly and helpful porters with proper walking equipment, his salary, foods, accommodation and insurance (one porter for two people).
- Comprehensive medical box (first aid kit will be available).
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service (paid by your Travel Insurance company).
- Government taxes and official expenses.
- Emergency life saver oxygen and mask support.
- Guided Kathmandu sightseeing tour with private vehicle.
- Assistant guide group size more than 4 person group.
- Welcome and farewell dinner in typical Nepalese restaurant.
- International Airfare from and to Kathmandu.
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa on arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport – Kathmandu). $25 USD for 15 days Visa.
- Your Travel and Medical Insurance.
- Meals whilst you are in Kathmandu Lunch and Dinner as per itinerary.
- Your Personal Expenses and trekking equipment for the trek.
- All the alcoholic and non alcoholic cold and hot drinks on trek ( i.e. those you choose to purchase along the way and during evenings in the Tea Houses)
- All desserts sweet things like chocolate, cake, pie, pudding.
- Hot shower and battery charging on the tea houses.
- Tips for the guide, porter and driver (Tipping is expected)
- Kathmandu sightseeing monument entrance fees.
- Excess baggage more than 12 kg.(If you have extra baggage you can leave in Kathmandu office with full safety)
Arrival in Kathmandu.
Kathmandu Sightseeing and Trek Preparation.
Jiri to Everest base camp trek preparation and half day sightseeing in Kathmandu city, Hotel B/B plan.
Drive to Shivalaya via Jiri
Drive to Shivalaya via Jiri – 8 to 9 ours drive, local lodge, is a small village on the lukhu khola you can enjoy with local people. Home made full board meal will served.
Trek to Bhandara via Daurali.
Trek to Bhandara via Daurali, 6 to 7 hours trek, today we heading all the way up to deurali hill along the new dusty roads, stone steps, villages and forest. Deurali offer fantastic view of both valley Bhandara and Shivapaya to beyond. After another hour step down we reach famous village Bhandara. Itself Bhandara is store village and good for various crops. Stay local lodge in village with family and served full board meal by local.
Trek to Sete via kinja.
Trek to Sete via kinja about 5 to 6 hours, Is a ideal hiking day, you gone cross amazing valley downhill to river and uphill to Sete. There are small lodge accommodation and provided fresh food by local Sherpa family.
Trekking to Junbeshi sherpa village over lamjura-la pass.
Trekking to Junbeshi sherpa village over lamjura-la pass about 5 to 6 hours, it is the day of high-altitude wonder day before reaching Everest. This is one of the highest pass before Namche bazaar. From the pass, panoramic view of majestic Himalayas and walk along the rhododendron forest you reach famous Sherpa Village Junbeshi. Is great village with better accommodation after few days hike. Stay in local Sherpa family lodge and explore around, visit monastery. Food and drinks provided by family in Guest House.
Trekking to Nunthala.
Trekking to Nunthala about 5 to 6 hours via taksindo sherpa village, From today we really enter the Lower Khumbu region which was occupied by Sherpa Communities. Trek through different Sherpa villages and crossing small passes we reach Nunthala . Is a place where they trade Salt before 19th century from Tibet. A nice village and standard accommodation with tasty food provided by guest house. Stay in local village lodge.
Trekking to Bupsa about 5 to 6 hours via khari khola.
Trekking to Bupsa about 5 to 6 hours via khari khola famous sherpa village, today we walk down to holy Koshi River and cross by suspension bridge. It is the same river which begin from Khumbu Mt. Everest Glacier. After that heading up to Most famous Everest Climber Sherpa village Khari Khola. A nice Sherpa village with the pagodas roofs houses and prayer flags along every steps amazing. After few hours you will reach Bupsa on the top of hill. It offer grand valley view till horizon. You stay at local Sherpa lodge, all the meal provided in guest house.
Trekking to Chauri Kharka or Thado Koshi.
Trekking to Chauri Kharka or Thado Koshi via just below to Lukla and Surke village, about 6 to 7 hours trek, more effort day of the trek. slowly up and down trek route and enter the Khumbu busy trail. Stay at local Sherpa lodge and all meal.
Trekking to Namche Bazaar
Trekking to Namche Bazaar – Everest Getaway to khumbu valley, local lodge all meal.
Rest day at Namche Bazaar
Acclimatize or rest day exploring Everest view sightseeing and namche, lodge with meal.
Trek to Tangboche Monastery
Trek to Tangboche Monastery – A great view point of Khumbu Himalaya Everest and amadablam. lodge with meal.
Trekking to Dingboche via pangboche.
Trekking to Dingboche via pangboche village, lodge with all meal.
Rest day and exploration Imja Valley to Chukung
Rest day and exploration Imja Valley to Chukung back Dingboche lodge with meal.
Trekking to Lobuche.
Trekking to Lobuche lodge with meal.
Trekking to Gorekshep.
Trekking to Gorekshep and walk to Everest Base Camp back to lodge with meal.
Morning climb Kalapatthar. Back to Phariche
Morning climb Kalapatthar and walk down to Phariche, lodge with meal.
Trekking to Namche Bazaar.
Trekking to Namche Bazaar via Tyangboche, lodge with meal.
Trekking to Lukla.
Trekking to Lukla finished and ready for fly, lodge with meal.
Early morning fly to Kathmandu.
Early morning fly to Kathmandu, Hotel with B/B plan, free day in shopping in city.
Free morning and depart to home.