The Nar Phu Valley trek will take you to the paradise land of the hidden valley in Remote Annapurna. The Nar Phu valley trek was formally opened in 2003 for visitors. Trekkers’ require a special trekking permit issued by Nepal Immigration through the registered trekking company and license guide.
Nar Phu trek is one of the challenging hikes in Annapurna that combines high mountain peaks and Kang La Pass. Discover native villages, narrow rock formations, canyons, ethical Buddhist temples and gompas on a trek. The trek route is popular for wildlife like Himalayan Thar, Snow leopard, and Nepal’s most branded herbal medicine (Yarsagumba– A caterpillar from the high Himalayas). Some say that this trek is one of the trails of Yarsagumba and one of Nepal’s culturally rich biodiversity trekking routes.
Main Features of Nar Phu Trek are:
- This trek is a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
- Trekking is not only picturesque, but a real event in the indelible Himalayan hills.
- The bright peaks, colorful Himalayan rice, friendly Tibetan Buddhists, and the yak caravans around the village are very interesting.
- During the fall season, the weather, scenery and celerity is gorgeous.
How to Trek Nar Phu Valley?
To trek to Nar Phu valley, take a drive to Koto, Manang from Kathmandu along the Bashishar route of Annapurna Circuit and Tilicho Lake trek. From Koto, turn right over the suspension bridge of Marshyangdi river, you connect Nar Phu Valley. Within 8-10 days of trekking, you can reach an altitude of 5,000m and enjoy the best views of the Himalayas. Trekking offers opportunities to learn about colorful and pristine Tibetan Buddhist temples, stone carved prayer walls. It is the best way to learn Buddhism and lifestyle directly through locals.
After Nar Phu trekking, cross the highest peak of Kang La Pass (5,300m) and head to the village of Nagwal in Manang. Manang is a popular stop for Annapurna Circuit trekking. Then take an off-road drive along Apple Orchard and drive back to Kathmandu through the beautiful green forest and Med Hills. Thus, trekking is not only a secluded and hidden landscape, but also a natural experience in Nepal.
Nar Phu valley is not only suitable for trekking, but also as a gateway to the popular Himlung and Saribung expedition. The village is a hub and base camp for Mt. Himlung Himal and Saribung Himal, which is 7,000m high. Both expeditions can be connected via the Upper Mustang and via the Tiri La Pass. It is also the newly opened exciting trekking and climbing adventure trail in Nepal.
Best time for Nar Phu Trek
This hike is possible during the monsoon (June-August) and two peak travel periods (March-May and September-December). Trekking is comfortable in the monsoon, but access to the mountain roads to Besisahar can be hindered by mud and landslides. In winter (December-February), if it snows, the high pass will be impassable. During the Autumn season, the weather, scenery, and celerity is gorgeous. The bright peaks, colorful Himalayan rice, friendly and smiling Tibetan Buddhists, and yak caravans around the village are very interesting.
5/5 - Excellent
- Trip Code: NFH
- Trip Type: Trekking
- Start/End: Kathmandu -
- Destination: Annapurna
- Group Size: 2
- Accommodation: Tea-house
- Best Season:
- Daily Walking Hour: 5 to 8 Hours
3 Drive to Koto village 9 hours. 2600 m.
Drive to Koto village – gateway to Nar Phu Valley. About 150 km drive. 9 hours. 2600 m.
4 Trek from Koto to Meta – About 7 hours trek, 3500 m.
Entering to Near Phu Valey – Trek from Koto to Meta – About 7 hours trek, 3500 m.
7 Trek to Nar Phadi. 3500 m.
Entering to Nar Valley and trek to Nar Phadi. 3500 m. About 4 hours trek. Learn about Buddhist culture and tradition by Monks. Visit the Monastery.
8 Trek to Nar village, 4100 m.
Today is short hike and day of Nar village exploration. Visit the top places, Gompas, View point and Farms in Village. Get prepare for Kangla Pass
9 Kang La Pass Trek 5300 m.
Trek to Kang-La pass (5300 m.) and enter to Manag Valley trek to Nagwal village. (3500 m.) Trek about 8 to 9 hours.
10 Trek to Pisang and drive to Bashishar. 700 m.
Trek down to Pisang Village and off-road drive back to Bashishar. 2 hours trek and 5 hours off-road local sharing drive.
- Airport pickup, drop, and all ground transport by private vehicle.
- Standard twin sharing Hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast as per itinerary.
- Trekking Lodge (Tea-house) accommodations throughout the trek.
- Three meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) during the Nar Phu Valley trek.
- All necessary paper works for Annapurna Conservation ACAP Entry Permit, Nar Phu Valley Special trek permit, and TIMS card.
- High experience and knowledgeable, friendly, English speaking well trained, Government License holder guide with his daily wages, food, drinks, accommodation, transport to and from insurance.
- Friendly and helpful porters with proper walking equipment, his salary, foods, accommodation, and insurance (one porter for two people).
- Comprehensive medical box (first aid kit will be available).
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service (paid by your Travel Insurance company or directly).
- Government taxes and official expenses.
- Emergency lifesaver oxygen and mask support.
- Guided Kathmandu sightseeing tour with private vehicles.
- Assistant guide group size of more than 5 person groups.
- Welcome and farewell dinner in a typical Nepalese restaurant.
What’s Not Include
The given prices is per person and exclude international flights. Fixed departure dates available for online booking. If the given date is not favorable for you, please contact us and we will happily customize your trip on dates more appropriate for you.