Tilicho lake trekking is one of the accomplished and unexplored alternative trek in the Annapurna Circuit towards the world’s highest hidden paradise. The trek initially traverses through the authentic villages, which lie on globally famed Annapurna Circuit Trail. Kicking off the trek, we tread through the lush vegetation and rocky trails of Marsyangdi valley to Manang. Then we head towards Tilicho Base Camp to the Lake. Enjoying the walk to the lake savoring the closest of the world’s highest lake that is surrounded by towering peaks, we trek back to the main trails of Annapurna Circuit Trek. Cross over the elevated Thorong La Pass 5416 m, the trek slides down to the sacred temple of Muktinath.
If you admire the landscapes with the snowy lakes, better try Tilicho Lake Trekking. The Himalayan lake at an altitude of almost 5000 m is the highest elevated lake in the world. Fed by the glaciers originated at Mt. Tilicho and Thorong peak. Tilicho is a scenic lake in the highlands of Annapurna Region, Manang.
The latter half of the trek winds through the deepest gorge of Kali Gandaki River and the Apple orchard of Nepal, Jomsom all the way down to Tatopani. Trekkers release the entire exhaustion at Tatopani with the refreshing bath at natural hot springs.
Jam-packed with natural vistas, rich flora and fauna biodiversity, and cultures of different ethical tribes, Tilicho Lake Trek is a challenging trekking adventure in Nepal that has more than everything typical to offer. Enjoy an offbeat destination on the most popular trekking trail of Nepal with the best trekking guides of Nepal Footprint Holiday.
5/5 - Excellent
- Trip Code: NFH14
- Trip Type: Trekking
- Start/End: Kathmandu -
- Group Size: 2-14
- Accommodation: Tea-house
- Best Season:
- Daily Walking Hour: 5 to 9 Hours
Find Us on Tripadvisor
- Airport pickup, drop, and all ground transport by private vehicle.
- Standard twin sharing Hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast as per itinerary.
- Trekking Lodge (Tea House) accommodations throughout the trek.
- Three meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) during the Tilicho lake trek.
- All necessary paper works for Annapurna Conservation ACAP Entry Permit and TIMS card.
- High experience and knowledgeable, friendly, English speaking well trained, Government License holder guide with his daily wages, food, drinks, accommodation, transport to and from insurance.
- Friendly and helpful porters with proper walking equipment, his salary, foods, accommodation, and insurance (one porter for two people).
- Comprehensive medical box (first aid kit will be available).
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service (paid by your Travel Insurance company).
- Government taxes and official expenses.
- Emergency lifesaver oxygen and mask support.
- Guided Kathmandu sightseeing tour with private vehicles.
- Assistant guide group size of more than 4 person groups.
- Welcome and farewell dinner in a typical Nepalese restaurant.
What’s Not Include
- International Airfare from and to Kathmandu.
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa on arrival at Tribhuvan International
- Airport – Kathmandu). $25 USD for 15 days Visa.
- Your Travel and Medical Insurance.
- Meals whilst you are in Kathmandu Lunch and Dinner as per itinerary.
- Your Personal Expenses and trekking equipment for the trek.
- All the alcoholic and non alcoholic cold and hot drinks on trek ( i.e. those you choose to purchase along the way and during evenings in the Tea Houses)
- All desserts sweet things like chocolate, cake, pie, pudding.
- Hot shower and battery charging on the tea houses.
- Tips for the guide, porter and driver (Tipping is expected)
- Kathmandu sightseeing monument entrance fees.
- Flight from Pokhara to Kathmandu.
- Excess baggage more than 12 kg.(If you have extra baggage you can leave in Kathmandu office with full safety)
The given prices is per person and exclude international flights. Fixed departure dates available for online booking. If the given date is not favorable for you, please contact us and we will happily customize your trip on dates more appropriate for you.