Great Himalaya Trail in Nepal is the world’s longest trekking route (about 4,500 kilometers – 149 days) along the highest Himalayas passes, pristine cultures, green hidden valleys, ethical people and astonishing mountains views which include Mount Everest
The great Himalayan trail in Nepal includes from east Nepal Mt. Kanchenjunga to the Far West and North Hilsa, Humla Border (Gateway to Mount Kailash Trek). It was stabilized in 2010 for about 1,700 km. The Great Himalaya Trail begins from the eastern Nepal border nearby Mt. Kanchenjunga. There are two routes upper and lower Great Himalaya Trail. The upper Great Himalaya Trail route begins from Ilam, Teplejung 1,820m whereas lower Great Himalay Trail begins from Tharpu – 1,300m above the sea level. It is covered with many high altitude Himalaya passes including Sherpini Col – 6,146m. The footsteps of Tenzing Hillary trail from Mt. Everest area, valleys and wildest hidden ethical villages. The lower route follows ancient villages, river valley, green forest and some of the lower Himalayan range with remote magnificent urban villages on far west Tibetan Border Hilsa at 3,700m.
The route offers unbelievable diverse landscapes, flora and fauna. You can learn and experience the local commune culture & tradition. The Snow leopards, Red pandas and other various wildlife are found in this area. The vegetation of the area is green forest from Subtropical to Alpine zone. This trail includes most of Nepal Himalayas trekking route like Kanchenjunga Trek, Makalu Base Camp, Everest Region, Rolwaling, Langtang and Helambu, Ganesh Himal, Manaslu, Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, Dolpo, and Rara to Humla Simikot.
Best Time to trek Great Himalaya Trail
It is one of most strenuous trek in the world. You can trek only during Spring and Autumn, with the special permit form Great Himalayan communities project local expert guide.
Because time frame, physical condition, budget and personal reason quite less people will choose whole great Himalayan trail. Many of them who want to walk on this trail, we organize trail section wise. You can hike a part of great Himalayan trail section with different choice and option including highlight treks of Nepal 2020/2021.
Our great pleasure to be a well recommended tour operator by Great Himalayan Trail for various trekking routes of Nepal Himalayas from Kanchenjunga till Humla Limi Valley including Upper Dolpo, Rara Lake and Jumla, Dhaulagiri and Upper Mustang, Annapurna and Manaslu Trek, Langtang valley, Bigu Gompa and Mt. Everest Gokyo Lake etc.
There are two GHT routes for Trekking.
Upper GHT trek route including 10 high passes 149 Days, you will walk about 4500 kilometers.
Lower GHT trek route 90 Days including many passes, you will walk 120 days.
Permits required for GHT
- Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS) authorization. At the Nepal Tourism Board office in Pokhara or Kathmandu, you can purchase TIMS.
- Permits for the Dolpa and the Dolpa High Route must be obtained from a trekking organization.
- The Annapurna Conservation Area,
- Permit for Makalu Arun Valley Entrance
- Permit for Sagarmatha National Park (Everest region)
- Permit for Gaurishankar Conservation Area
- Permit for Lang Tang National Park
- Permit for Shey – Phoksundo National Park
- Permit for Rara Lake National Park
- Permit for the Kanchenjunga Conservation Area
- Permit for Manaslu Conservation Area
5/5 - Excellent
- Trip Code: NFH
- Trip Type: Trekking
- Start/End: Kathmandu - Kathmandu
- Destination: Himalayas
- Group Size: 2-14
- Accommodation: Tea House
- Best Season:
Mar to Nov
- Daily Walking Hour: 5 to 7 Hours
Find Us on Tripadvisor
- International & domestic airport transfers as per the itinerary.
- Internal transport and flight within Nepal as per the itinerary.
- Tourist standard accommodation in Kathmandu as per itinerary with B/B plan.
- 3 meals a day while trekking (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) as indicated by the itinerary.
- Accommodation while trekking in twin sharing basis tents or local lodges / guesthouses.
- All trekking and climbing related permit and entry fee for GHT.
- Professional English speaking guides/climbing sherpa and porters.
- Equipment for Guide, porters and Sherpas and their insurance.
What’s Not Include
- International air fare to/ from Nepal and Visa.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Personal Insurance which covers, medical, emergency evacuation, lost, theft expenses.
- Personal Drinks: both alcoholic and bottled other than sterilized drinking water.
- Laundry fees.
- All food and beverages other than on the itinerary.
- Personal trekking gear and expenses.
- Tips guide/porter and all staff.
The given prices is per person and exclude international flights. Fixed departure dates available for online booking. If the given date is not favorable for you, please contact us and we will happily customize your trip on dates more appropriate for you.