Makalu trekking located in the Eastern Himalayas of Nepal is practically an offbeat trekking adventure through the least frequented trails. The trek named the fifth highest mountain in the world Mt. Makalu, Makalu soars in the skyline of Makalu-Barun National Park. The Base Camp of Mt. Makalu takes you to the far-flung territory that pulls out to the east from Sagarmatha (Mt. Everest) National Park, between the elevated plateau of Tibet and the cavernous subtropical ravine carved by the Arun River. Makalu trek offers fabulous views of rocky Himalayan peaks, including Mt. Makalu(8,463m), Mt. Chamlang (7319 m), Mt. Baruntse (7129m) and many more. Trekking in Makalu Base Camp endows with startling contrasts of high waterfalls cascading into deep gorges, craggy rocks augmenting from the verdant woodlands, and multi-colored flowers blossoming underneath the white snow-capped peaks.
The trek is demanding yet the most beautiful trek in Nepal’s eastern Himalayas. The stretched and pure landscape makes this trek a classic in its own features. Housing wide biodiversity of floral and faunal species- Makalu-Barun national park is exceptional highlights during this offbeat trekking holiday in Nepal. Additionally, the cultures of diverse ethnic groups are also the beautiful highlights of Makalu Trek.
This offbeat and challenging trek in Nepal begins at Tumlingtar and treads the trail to Arun River Valley. Crossing over Shipton La Pass (4210 m) the trek goes into the upper Barun river valley for a closer view of Makalu and Chamlang Himal. The Makalu Base Camp (4870 m) offers a fantastic panoramic view of eastern Himalayas; Chamlang (7,319m), Peak 6 (6,739m), Peak 7 (6,105m) Makalu (8,463m), Everest & Kanchenjunga.
Since the trails of Makalu Base Camp Trek are not facilitated with tea-houses and home-stays, we operate this wonderful trek based on camps.
5/5 - Excellent
- Trip Code: NFH2
- Trip Type: Trekking
- Start/End: Kathmandu -
- Group Size: 2-14 Pax
- Accommodation: Tea House
- Best Season:
- Daily Walking Hour: 5 to 9 Hours
Find Us on Tripadvisor
Trek to Langmale Kharka 4410m 3– 4 hours, explore lakes around. local Tea-house. Optional tips – Morning climb to Shersong 4660m about 2 to 3 hours, local tea house, and climb next view point 5250m form there you can see a close view of Mt. Everest, 8848m, Mt. Lhoste range 8501m. and many other mountain peaks can be seen including Kanchenjunga 8585m.
- Airport pickup, drop and all ground transport by private vehicle.
- Standard twin sharing Hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast as per itinerary.
- Trekking Lodge/camping accommodations throughout the trek.
- Three meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the Makalu Base Camp trek.
- All necessary paper works for Sagarmatha National Park Entry Permit and TIMS card.
- A highly experience and knowledgeable, friendly , English speaking well trained, Government License holder guide with his salary, food, drinks, accommodation and insurance.
- Friendly and helpful porters with proper walking equipment, his salary, foods, accommodation and insurance (one porter for two people).
- Comprehensive medical box (first aid kit will be available).
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service (paid by your Travel Insurance company).
- Government taxes and official expenses.
- Emergency life saver oxygen and mask support.
- Guided Kathmandu sightseeing tour with private vehicle.
- Assistant guide group size more than 4 person group.
- Welcome and farewell dinner in typical Nepalese restaurant.
What’s Not Include
- International Airfare from and to Kathmandu.
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa on arrival at Tribhuwan International
- Airport – Kathmandu). $25 USD for 15 days Visa.
- Your Travel and Medical Insurance.
- Meals whilst you are in Kathmandu Lunch and Dinner as per itinerary.
- Your Personal Expenses and trekking equipment for the trek.
- All the alcoholic and non alcoholic cold and hot drinks on trek ( i.e. those you choose to purchase along the way and during evenings in the Tea Houses)
- All desserts sweet things like chocolate, cake, pie, pudding.
- Hot shower and battery charging on the tea houses.
- Tips for the guide, porter and driver (Tipping is expected)
- Kathmandu sightseeing monument entrance fees.
- Excess baggage more than 12 kg.(If you have extra baggage you can leave in Kathmandu office with full safety)
The given prices is per person and exclude international flights. Fixed departure dates available for online booking. If the given date is not favorable for you, please contact us and we will happily customize your trip on dates more appropriate for you.