Mt. Himlung 7126m located in Manaslu Himalayan Range northeast of Annapurna Circuit is one of the least universalize climbed peaks in Nepal with just a few attempts made. Catering 4E grade of alpine thrills, Himlung Expedition is demanded abundant mountaineering skills like crampon works, rope climbing, and ice climbing.
Sherpa Mountain guides, who have climbed Everest and other 8000ers will lead you to the top of Mt. Himlung. The supporting crew will selflessly support you throughout the trail from the trek starting point to High Camp III via the base Camp and two other high camps. We guarantee proper acclimatization throughout the expedition. Since the peak lies close to the Tibetan, border climbers have an advantage on the edge to spend time in Tibetan villages understanding their culture.
The Himlung mountain opened for climbing in 1992 has experienced few successful expedition teams comprising Japanese and French Climbers. The climbing route to the summit of Mt. Himlung chases the famous Annapurna Circuit trail for a while before it enters Nar Phu Valley. Treading through high passes, glacial paths, traditional hamlets, lush vegetation, and highland monasteries the expedition also caters to the nomadic culture and panorama of peaks like Nandadevi, Rajramba, Api Himal and Kappa Chuli Peak among others.
The final few days after establishing the base camp on a grassy land at 4850m are full of thrills. We go up and down to acclimatize and gradually gain altitude to the High Camp III, which lies at 6375m. The sheer icy climb involves a challenge on the last day of the Expedition before we tread on the retracing trail back to the Base Camp
Best time for Himlung Expedition
For Himlung Expedition, Spring season (April to May) and Autumn season (September to November) are the best. Evidently, these seasons are more favorable for climbing, good weather condition relatively cleary skies in the night. Himlung mountain has recorded one of the most successful summits 7000thousender summit in Nepal for every climber. Although, every mountain is a matter of challenge.
5/5 - Excellent
- Trip Code: NFH
- Trip Type: Climbing
- Start/End: Kathmandu -
- Destination: Nar Phu Valley
- Group Size: From Single
- Accommodation: Tea House, Camp
- Best Season:
- Daily Walking Hour: 5 to 9 Hours
Find Us on Tripadvisor
- Hotel in Kathmandu with bed & Breakfast – Standard Hotel as per itinerary.
- Peak Permit of Mt. Himlung 7126m.
- Food for trekking & Base camp food for expedition period
- 1 trekking & Baruntse B.C. Guide, Cook, Cook helper & necessary porter
- Porter Kathmandu to Himlung Base camp & Base camp to Kathmandu
- Baggage transfer to himlung base camp
- 1 climber – 1 porter for carrying persons climbing equipment
- Equipment allowance, daily allowance for Liaison officer, expedition staff
- Life, Travel, Medical & rescue Insurance for expedition staff & Liaison officer
- 1 tent for 1 person for Expedition north face or similar
- Mat, dining tent, Toilet tent, Store tent, Table & chairs for expedition
- Pick up and drop in Kathmandu (Airport-hotel-airport)
- Satellite phone service (Pay call service)
- Agency service charge
What’s Not Include
- Personal Expedition equipment for trekking & climbing
- Personal climbing & medical Insurance of expedition
- Emergency Rescue evacuation by helicopter incase needed
- Climbing food, Gas & stove above Base camp
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu
- Walkie Talkie permit & Satellite phone permit
- Oxygen & Mask –regulator (If required)
- Personal expenses, Bar Bills & beverage
- Summit bonus for Climbing Sherpa.
- Tips for Guide and all staff.
- Garbage Deposit USD 2000.00 (Sharing of the total person) and
- deposit fee will be not refunded if the climber don’t take back their garbage.
The given prices is per person and exclude international flights. Fixed departure dates available for online booking. If the given date is not favorable for you, please contact us and we will happily customize your trip on dates more appropriate for you.