Langtang Gosaikunda trek in Nepal takes you to the spectacular region of sacred frozen Gosainkunda and treads along the spectacular trails of famous Langtang Valley. It is a wonderful pilgrimage trekking and one of the most rewarding trekking in Nepal.
Main Features of Langtang Gosainkunda are:
- Enjoy panoramic view of Himalayan Ranges, the border region of Tibet
- Lovely glaciers Lirung and Kim Sung
- Kyanjin Gompa houses a local cheese manufacturer
- Buddhist temples from the past, prayer flags, and chorten
- The 4,600 m-high sacred Gosainkunda Lake
How to Reach Langtang Gosainkunda
Langtang Gosainkunda Trek is a perfect wilderness journey which lies to the north of cosmopolitan capital, Kathmandu. It involves walking, pilgrimage value, and casual trekking days inside Langtang National Park. Gosainkunda is also known as the Frozen Lake Trek. Langtang Gosainkunda hiking offers a unique blend of Indo Tibetan Buddhism, Hinduism and a bit of Shamanism culture. Since Tamang tribes following Tibetan Buddhism occupy most of the settlements in Langtang Valley and Gosainkunda Region. You can learn about the Tibetan Buddhism cultures and tradition. Additionally, The Langtang Valley itself is beautiful enough catering exceptional Himalayan panorama dominated by Langtang Lirung 7,246m, the trek also has larger windows open for incredible natural vistas.
Moreover, Langtang National park, through the trail of trek stretches most of the times is famous for red panda and snow leopard are many other species indigenous monkeys and birds. During the trekking to Langtang Gosainkunda you will walk through the bamboo forest, trek to Holy lake Gosainkunda. Visit glaciers Lirung and Kim Sung on the way. The other highlight of this trek includes Lauribinayak Pass, which offers 360-degree panoramic view of Himalayan Ranges, lush green valleys and authentic Tamang Villages.
The Langtang Gosaikunda Walk is an excellent option for those looking for a teahouse trek that complements Annapurna and Everest by connecting the holy lake of Gosaikunda and the Sherpa meadows of Helambu with the forested lowlands, alpine pastures, and yak herds of Kyanjin Gompa in Langtang Valley.
Best Time to do Langtang Gosainkunda
The best time to travel in the Langtang Gosainkunda is all round the year. After that, the weather is calm and comfortable, with great views, but it can still be chilly at night. However, trekking in the Langtang Gosainkunda is more comfortable in the spring, when the entire evergreen forest is covered with bright rhododendron flowers. Nevertheless, Langtang National Park allows both summer and winter hikes.
5/5 - Excellent
- Trip Code: NFH18
- Trip Type: Trekking
- Start/End: Kathmandu -
- Group Size: 2-14
- Accommodation: Tea House
- Best Season:
All the Year
- Daily Walking Hour: 5 to 7 Hours
Find Us on Tripadvisor
- Airport pickup, drop and all ground transport by private vehicle.
- Standard twin sharing Hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast as per itinerary.
- Trekking Lodge (Tea House) accommodations throughout the trek.
- Three meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the Langtang Gosainkunda trek.
- All necessary paper works for Langtang National Park Entry Permit and TIMS card.
- A highly experience and knowledgeable, friendly , English speaking well trained, Government License holder guide with his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transport to and from Langtang and insurance.
- Friendly and helpful porters with proper walking equipment, his salary, foods, accommodation and insurance (one porter for two people).
- Comprehensive medical box (first aid kit will be available).
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service (paid by your Travel Insurance company).
- Government taxes and official expenses.
- Emergency life saver oxygen and mask support.
- Guided Kathmandu sightseeing tour with private vehicle.
- Assistant guide group size more than 4 person group.
- Welcome and farewell dinner in typical Nepalese restaurant.
What’s Not Include
- International Airfare from and to Kathmandu.
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa on arrival at Tribhuwan International
- Airport – Kathmandu). $25 USD for 15 days Visa.
- Your Travel and Medical Insurance.
- Meals whilst you are in Kathmandu Lunch and Dinner as per itinerary.
- Your Personal Expenses and trekking equipment for the trek.
- All the alcoholic and non alcoholic cold and hot drinks on trek ( i.e. those you choose to purchase along the way and during evenings in the Tea Houses)
- All desserts sweet things like chocolate, cake, pie, pudding.
- Hot shower and battery charging on the tea houses.
- Tips for the guide, porter and driver (Tipping is expected)
- Kathmandu sightseeing monument entrance fees.
- Flight from Pokhara to Kathmandu.
- Excess baggage more than 12 kg.(If you have extra baggage you can leave in Kathmandu office with full safety)
The given prices is per person and exclude international flights. Fixed departure dates available for online booking. If the given date is not favorable for you, please contact us and we will happily customize your trip on dates more appropriate for you.