Guge kingdom Simikot is an ancient 10th-century caves lifestyle settlement of Tibet. That was destroyed during the Great Tibetan Victory. From the amazing Tibetan landscape to spiritual crystalline lakes and significant, Tibetan history makes the tour a wonderful escapade.
Before kicking off the trip into the Tibetan side the trek along the trails of Great Himalayan Trail from Simikot to the last settlement Hilsa before entering Tibet is sheer walking adventure associated with this tour.
Royals, who fled from Lhasa during the fall of Great Tubo in the 10th century, built up Guge. They ruled the region for about 700 years and then suddenly disappeared without leaving a trail. Today, most of the residences are crushed by years of erosion. The 300 (984ft) meters high wall has the same color of the indigenous Tibetan dirt that one can hardly recognize those valued county yards and warehouses. More than 399 houses and 700 caves were piled up on the mountain slope at the height of 300 m. The main building consisting of Red and White monasteries and mandalas halls. After 700 years of surviving, the kingdom played an important role in the second renascence in Tibet before disappearing mysteriously in the 17th century.
Explore the mysterious town of caves Guge and continue the journey towards Kailash Mansarovar. Circumnavigate the sacred center of the Universe via Dolma La Pass 5360m. Visit some famous monasteries of Kailash region like Dera Puck and Zutulpuck Monastery. Enjoy the impressive northern view of Mt. Kailash and finally drive to Nepalese border via Tibetan villages. And, elevated passes savoring the magnificent views of Mt. Shishapangma.
5/5 - Excellent
- Trip Code: NFH
- Trip Type: Kailash Yatra
- Start/End: Kathmandu -
- Group Size: 2-14 Pax
- Accommodation: Hotel, Guest House
- Best Season:
Apr - Oct
- Daily Walking Hour: 5 to 9 Hours
Find Us on Tripadvisor
An adventure Day to Nara-La pass (4400m) long downihll trek down to Hilsa (3600m). Cross Tibetan/Chinese Immegration and drive to Purang/Taklakot. (3800m)
Only 2 Hours drive to Lake. Full day at mansarovar lake site and exploring Tsu Gompa – milarapa cave monastery and hot sprint bath free time good view with kailash, all meal.
- Ground transport as per itinerary including pick up, drop and sightseeing in kathmandu.
- As per itinerary 3 star hotel in Kathmandu with bed and Breakfast.
- Two Men tent, dining tent, toilet tent, Mattresses for trekking in Nepal and Tibet.
- Trekking crews – Cook, Cook helper, guide and driver.
- Fresh food cooked by our cook like Lunch, Dinner and Breakfast with hot drinks.
- (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner).
- Tibet Travel permit, Tibetan Guide, All Monastery and Kailash and guge tholing tsaparang entry Fees and Tibet Visa.
- Fly Kathmandu to Nepalgunja and next day fly to Simikot.
- English speaking guide from Nepal and Tibetan English Speaking guide.
- 7 days special trekking permit from Simikot to Hilsa.
- Yaks and Yak man for 3 days round Mount Kailash.
- For emergency in Tibet, every person each Oxygen Cylinder for support.
- Emergency Call Service (Pay calls).
- Welcome and farewell dinner in typical Nepali restaurant with culture program.
- Sightseeing as per itinerary in Kathmandu including all entrance fees with guide.
What’s Not Include
- Nepal Visa and International Flight.
- Personal expenses for Nepal-Tibet
- Personal Travel insurance and Rescue Evacuation on the tour.
- All expenses of personal nature
- Bar bills and Beverage
- Tips for staff
- Kailash Tour Rescue jeep encase needed if some one go back earlier than group
- Extra cost incurred in case of Landslide or natural problem.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu as per itinerary
- Nepal visa and Re-Entry Nepal visa. (If you have American Passport We need Extra Visa Cost that cost 120US$ per person)
- International Phone calls and media.
- Personal clothes & equipment for trekking tour
The given prices is per person and exclude international flights. Fixed departure dates available for online booking. If the given date is not favorable for you, please contact us and we will happily customize your trip on dates more appropriate for you.