Nar Phu Trek – Annapurna
Nar Phu valley is one of the naturally, and culturally rich hidden gems behind the Annapurna Circuit trek and Mt. Manaslu Himalayas. The valley is located insight the ACAP area, lies northwest of Manang, and about 250 kilo-miters away from Kathmandu. The Nar and Phu trek is formally open in 2003 for visitors, trekkers’ required a special trekking permit issued by Nepal Immigration through the registered trekking company and license guide.
Nar Phu trek is one of the challenging hikes in Annapurna which combines high mountain peaks and passes, authentic villages, narrow rock formation, canyons, and ethically Buddhist temples and Gompas. Within 9 to 10 days trekking in Nar Phu Valley, you will reach the maximum altitude of the 5000der high experience and captured the best view of the Himalayas, the trek route is popular for wildlife like Himalayan Thar, Snow leopard, and Nepal’s most branded herbal medicine (Yarshagumba – A caterpillar from the high Himalayas). Some of the people explain the Nar Phu Valley trek is one of the Yarshagumpa trail and culturally reached biodiversity trekking routes in Nepal.
The Nar Phu trek is a scathed valley by foreigners until 2002 and still, only a few trekkers participate for this trek. The trek is a real Himalayan boondocks occurrence that is as indelible as it is picturesque.
Nar Phu trek starts a drive to Koto from Kathmandu along the Bashishar Chame road is a heading route of Annapurna Circuit and Tilicho Lake trek. On the trek, you pass some pristine and colorful Tibetan Buddhist temples; stone carve prayer walls, and chances to learn the local living practices and activities, which is the best way to learn Himalayan Buddhism and lifestyle directly through locals.
Nar Phu valley is not only for trekking but also a gateway for a popular mountain expedition. The village is the hub and base camp set up places for 7000der Mt. Himlung Himal and the Saribung Himal through the Upper mustang via Tiri La pass. That also a newly opened thrilling trekking and climbing adventure trek in Nepal.
In a couple of days hike, the trek reaches the highest summit of Kang-La Pass (5,300 m.) and towards Nagwal village in Manag Valley which is the popular stop in Annapurna Circuit Trek route. After that, you will take an off-road journey along with the Apple Garden, a lovely green forest, and med hills drive back to Kathmandu. Thus, the trek is not only a remote, hidden and picturesque but also an experience of Naturally Nepal.
Best time for Nar Phu Valley Trek
In a year, September to November and March to June months are the best time for Nar Phu Trek. During the Autumn season, the Nar Phu valley trek weather, scenery, and celerity is gorgeous, the shining mountain peaks, colorful Himalayan paddy, friendly and smiling Tibetan Buddhist people, and the yak caravan on around the village are very interesting to see. The Kang La pass is relatively less snow and easy to know the walking trail towards Manag. The spring season is another best time to trek in Nar Phu Valley. The weather is pretty warm, less snow level on Kang La Pass is easier to cross, and it is the time to collect the Himalayan herbs, planting crops in the Nar Phu Village. Most people choose this two-season or trek in Nepal although, some people choose monsoon season for Nar Phu valley which is totally no touristic.
5/5 - Excellent
- Trip Code: NFH
- Trip Type: Trekking
- Start/End: Kathmandu -
- Destination: Annapurna
- Group Size: 2
- Accommodation: Tea-house
- Best Season:
- Daily Walking Hour: 5 to 8 Hours
Find Us on Tripadvisor
- Airport pickup, drop, and all ground transport by private vehicle.
- Standard twin sharing Hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast as per itinerary.
- Trekking Lodge (Tea-house) accommodations throughout the trek.
- Three meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) during the Nar Phu Valley trek.
- All necessary paper works for Annapurna Conservation ACAP Entry Permit, Nar Phu Valley Special trek permit, and TIMS card.
- High experience and knowledgeable, friendly, English speaking well trained, Government License holder guide with his daily wages, food, drinks, accommodation, transport to and from insurance.
- Friendly and helpful porters with proper walking equipment, his salary, foods, accommodation, and insurance (one porter for two people).
- Comprehensive medical box (first aid kit will be available).
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service (paid by your Travel Insurance company or directly).
- Government taxes and official expenses.
- Emergency lifesaver oxygen and mask support.
- Guided Kathmandu sightseeing tour with private vehicles.
- Assistant guide group size of more than 5 person groups.
- Welcome and farewell dinner in a typical Nepalese restaurant.
What’s Not Include
The given prices is per person and exclude international flights. Fixed departure dates available for online booking. If the given date is not favorable for you, please contact us and we will happily customize your trip on dates more appropriate for you.