Saribung Himal is located between the kingdom of Mustang and Manang border across the holy lake Damodar Kunda. Peak has been newly designated for remote mountaineering and expedition in the Annapurna Conservation Area of the Annapurna region. The Nar Phu Valley is Tibetan Khampa inhabitants on the hidden side of the Annapurna circuit trek route. Saribung Trek is totally wilderness destination for adventure and nature lovers. The Saribung expedition require multiple special permits. The Saribung Route and Tiri La Pass are technically tricky, because of lack of acclimatization, un-sure planning and losing the yak walking trails between Luri Gompa to Nar Phu Village. Mount Saribung is 6,329m high. The Saribung Peak expedition is important among trekkers for its challenging passes and great camping experience.
Main Features of Saribung Expedition are:
- Discover Upper Mustang and beyond during the Saribung Peak expedition
- Demanding wild trekking with camping experience
- Adventurous glacier and snow hikes to the summit
Best Time for Saribung Expedition
The Spring and Autumn seasons are good for speeding up Saribung Peak. During the Autumn season, the weather, scenery, and celerity is gorgeous. The bright peaks, colorful Himalayan rice, friendly and smiling Tibetan Buddhists, and yak caravans around the village are very interesting.
Due to the altitude, climate and remoteness of this area, it requires more training and preparation than other mountain peaks in Nepal. It most often straddled dry, rugged terrain and glacial motion modes, complete with climbing equipment. Required to set up a tall camping tent for mountaineering. From the summit of Saribung, you can cover parts of Peri Himal and Himlung Himal, parts of Mt. Tibet, and the arid landscape of the Kingdom of Mustang. After climbing the summit, you will enter another hidden valley called Nar Phu. A completely secret valley with ancient monasteries, colorful stupas and barley fields.
5/5 - Excellent
- Trip Code: NFH
- Trip Type: Climbing
- Start/End: Kathmandu -
- Destination: Mustang - Nar Phu
- Group Size: 2
- Accommodation: Tea House, Camping
- Best Season:
April till September
- Daily Walking Hour: 5 to 9 Hours
Find Us on Tripadvisor
- Hotel in Kathmandu with bed & Breakfast – Standard Hotel as per itinerary.
- Saribung Expedition Peak Permit, Upper Mustang Trek Permit, Nar Phu Valley Trek permit and required permits.
- Catering service for trekking &Saribung expedition period.
- Transport by land, flight and return as per itinerary.
- Required trekking support crew, Guide, Porter, Climbing Sherpa, Kitchen team.
- All Trekking and Climbing gears transfer to Saribung Himal expedition.
- Equipment for porter, guide, Sherpa.
- Life, Travel, Medical & rescue Insurance for expedition staff and the team.
- Mat, dining tent, dome tent, Toilet tent, Store tent, Table & chairs for expedition
- Pick up and drop in Kathmandu (Airport-hotel-airport)
- Satellite phone service (Pay call service)
- Agency service charge
What’s Not Include
The given prices is per person and exclude international flights. Fixed departure dates available for online booking. If the given date is not favorable for you, please contact us and we will happily customize your trip on dates more appropriate for you.