Lobuche peak climbing – one of a sharp peak to climb, standing on the corner of Everest Base Camp trek and Chola pass hold the technical climbing routes of Nepal.
Lobuche Peak 6119m lies in very close proximity to Khumbu Glacier. The summit of this challenging peak in Khumbu, which looms above the village named Loboche caters to one of the best views of Mt. Everest. Climbing Lobuche peak asks for the sheer vertical snowy climb and ice skills. Climbing this peak almost treads along the entire trails of famous Everest Base Camp Trek.
The adventurous mission to the summit of Lobuche peak kicks off at Lukla followed by a short and gripping flight to Nepal’s one of high altitudes airstrips at Lukla. Following the course of famous Everest Base Camp Trek, we shall hike along Dudh Koshi River Valley emerging frequently at small Sherpa settlements for a breather. After a couple of days of the trek, you will arrive in Namche, a vibrant Sherpa capital of Khumbu. After a day rest at Namche to get used to with the high altitudes our adventure towards Lobuche peak resumes.
We cross several traditional villages of Khumbu like Tengboche, Pyangboche, and Pheriche, and finally, arrive in Lobuche. Lobuche is the summer settlement of Sherpa people as well as the best Base Camp located at 4950m to summit Lobuche Peak. Now the real adventure of climbing Lobuche Peak begins. Hiking over a small lake of Tsho La Tso, which lies under the southwest face of Lobuche Peak at 5000m+ altitude, we set up the High Camp above. We begin the technical part of climbing to the summit of Lobuche Peak on a clear weather window morning. The final effort to the summit has the hurdles like steep rocky climb, which also demands maximum ice skills.
The incredible view of soaring Himalayan peaks in the Khumbu region including Mt. Cholatse, Mt. Ama Dablam, Mt. Pumori, Mt. Khumbu Himal, Mt. Everest, and Tawache are superb from Lobuche Summit.
5/5 - Excellent
- Trip Code: NFH
- Trip Type: Trek & Climb
- Start/End: Kathmandu -
- Group Size: 2 -14
- Accommodation: Lodge & Camp
- Best Season:
- Daily Walking Hour: 5 to 10 Hours
Find Us on Tripadvisor
- Airport picks up and drops.
- Hotels at Kathmandu as per itinerary.
- All meals and accommodation during the trekking and Climbing period.
- All Entrance fee and Climbing permit for Lobuche Peak
- Domestic airfare with airport tax.
- Highly experienced climbing guide and staffs.
- Staffs food, clothing, salary and insurance.
- Travel and Rescue arrangements.
- Welcome and farewell dinner in Kathmandu at typical Nepali restaurant
What’s Not Include
- Visa fees to Nepal
- Intl air fare
- Personal expenses, phone calls, laundry, bar bills or extra porters.
- Excess baggage charges
- Personal climbing Gear. You can hire in Kathmandu
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Lunch & evening meals in Kathmandu.
- Tips for guides and porters staff.
The given prices is per person and exclude international flights. Fixed departure dates available for online booking. If the given date is not favorable for you, please contact us and we will happily customize your trip on dates more appropriate for you.