At 7,161m high, Mt. Pumori expedition is one of the most striking, moderately difficult technical mountains on the border of Nepal-China and west of Everest Base Camp. “Pumo” implies youthful young lady or daughter and “Ri” implies mountain in Sherpa dialect. Among the 7,000m Himalayas in Nepal, Mt. Pumori is one of the shining sharp peak. Climbing Mt. Pumori you need more ideal and such technical preparation then 8,000m peaks. Due to geography, slippery slopes, steep peaks and avalanches of snowstorms, only 60-70% of expedition success rates have been recorded in recent years.
The Mt. Pumori look like a snowy pyramid in south of Kala Patthar. The main attraction of climbing Mt. Pumori is the spectacular views of Mt. Everest, the Tibet and the Rongbuk Glacier. It is known for its growing popularity, and the availability of Everest Base Camp in Nepal while climbing. It is also used to prepare for climbing Mt. Everest.
Table of Contents
Main features of Pumori Expedition are:
- “Pumo” implies youthful young lady or daughter and “Ri” implies mountain in Sherpa dialect.
- The most fascination of climbing Mt. Pumori is the marvelous sees of Mt. Everest, the Tibet and the Rongbuk Ice sheet.
- Mt. Pumori looks like a snow-capped pyramid.
- Both Spring and Autumn season is appropriate for climbing Mt. Pumori.
How to reach Mount Pumori?
There are two routes to reach the summit of Mt. Pumori, which is 7,616m. Both courses share the same path, beginning with an energizing flight from Kathmandu to Lukla. And through Pak Dinh, Namche, Dingboche and Lobuche to Pumori Base Camp, which at long last comes to Gorakshep. After 2015 Earthquake, the Mt. Pumori slops and part of the summit fall down to Everest Base Camp as a heavy avalanche. It comes from the coat of arms of Pumori Ringtren. Now a days, only one is open for the expedition for safety reason.
Best time to visit Mount Pumori
Both Spring (March to May) and Autumn (September to November) seasons are suitable for climbing Mt. Pumori. The most fascination of climbing Mt. Pumori is the marvelous sees of Mt. Everest, the Tibet and the Rongbuk Ice sheet.
5/5 - Excellent
- Trip Code: NFH
- Trip Type: Climbing
- Start/End: Kathmandu - Kathmandu
- Group Size: From Single
- Accommodation: Lodge, Camping
- Best Season:
May, Sept, Oct.
- Daily Walking Hour: 5 to 9 Hours
Find Us on Tripadvisor
- Hotel in Kathmandu with bed & Breakfast – Standard Hotel as per itinerary.
- Peak Permit of Mt. Pumori 7161m.
- Food for trekking & Base camp food for expedition period
- 1 trekking & Pumori B.C. Guide, Cook, Cook helper & necessary porter
- Porter Lukla to Pumori Base camp & Base camp to Lukla
- Kathmandu –Lukla – Kathmandu flights ticket with Cargo 30 KG Per member
- 1 climber – 1 porter for carrying persons climbing equipment
- Equipment allowance, daily allowance for Liaison officer, expedition staff
- Life, Trave, Medical & rescue Insurance for expedition staff & Liaison officer
- 1 tent for 1 person for Expedition north face or similar
- Mat, dining tent, Toilet tent, Store tent, Table & chairs for expedition
- Pick up and drop in Kathmandu (Airport-hotel-airport)
- Satellite phone service (Pay call service)
- Agency service charge
What’s Not Include
- Personal Expedition equipment for trekking & climbing
- Personal climbing & medical Insurance of expedition
- Emergency Rescue evacuation by helicopter in case needed
- Climbing food, Gas & stove above Base camp
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu
- Walkies Talkie permit & Satellite phone permit
- Oxygen & Mask –regulator (If required)
- Personal expenses, Bar Bills & beverage
- Summit bonus for Climbing Sherpa.
- Tips for Guide and all staff.
- Garbage Deposit USD 2000.00 (Sharing of the total person) and deposit fee will be not refunded if the climber don’t take back their garbage.
The given prices is per person and exclude international flights. Fixed departure dates available for online booking. If the given date is not favorable for you, please contact us and we will happily customize your trip on dates more appropriate for you.